6.5x300 Wby.?

This is where I started:

https://weatherby.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/65300_Loads.pdf

1689251311763.png

My numbers don't always agree with magazine writers since they are acting as agents for the products nowadays.

I'm currently running Norma 217 (because I have it and burns cooler) and Retumbo (also cooler burning) under the Swift Scirocco II.

For longer shots or more energy on target, I switch to the Badlands Super BD2 in a 30" barrel and faster twist. Here the Norma 217 shines for best accuracy node. But Re-33 is also right up there for both accuracy and velocity.

Enjoy the process!

:)

Added:

For some real high velocity fun try the Warner 6.5mm 121 grain solids Over a full case of Re-33!

Enjoy!

;)

Last edited:
You might want to consider being more specific, i.e., what bullet (lead or lead-free), rifle twist, etc. The more pertinent information you provide, the better the yield. Good luck!
1:8, 130 Sierra game changer.

I know you're wanting specific loads to save you time and components but that may not happen given the vagaries of different barrels, bullets and powders available. I chose the Scirocco II for the bullet design and performance in my barrels.

Here is some data from the Nosler website chosen for the graphic presentation:

1689513409816.png

There is enough data from any of the several sites including the Hodgdon reloading website, to extrapolate the necessary loads for testing.

Enjoy the process!

I know you're wanting specific loads to save you time and components but that may not happen given the vagaries of different barrels, bullets and powders available. I chose the Scirocco II for the bullet design and performance in my barrels.

Here is some data from the Nosler website chosen for the graphic presentation:

View attachment 478366

There is enough data from any of the several sites including the Hodgdon reloading website, to extrapolate the necessary loads for testing.

Enjoy the process!

Any chance AL25 will work?

If you're asking about Alliant Reloder?

Yes Re-25 works but the case fill is slightly lower than I like. It's about 4-5 grains less than I like in a nearly full case. Re-25 is just a touch too fast for a full case of powder under the 130 grain bullets you suggest.

If you're asking about Alliant Reloder?

Yes Re-25 works but the case fill is slightly lower than I like. It's about 4-5 grains less than I like in a nearly full case. Re-25 is just a touch too fast for a full case of powder under the 130 grain bullets you suggest.
Thanks!

Howdy, as mentioned above check out
Weatherbys site. If you don't have the powders recommended, US869 works very well and it's available about everywhere and inexpensive. I use it in my 6.5/300 with 156 Berger's with good results. I don't have anything loaded less than 140 Accubond. Hope this helps. 👌

Howdy, as mentioned above check out
Weatherbys site. If you don't have the powders recommended, US869 works very well and it's available about everywhere and inexpensive. I use it in my 6.5/300 with 156 Berger's with good results. I don't have anything loaded less than 140 Accubond. Hope this helps. 👌
Yep...I have 869!