6.5x300 WBY ?

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Caveman0101, Aug 11, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. grandslamsheephunter

grandslamsheephunter Official LRH Sponsor LRH Team Member

Hello Don Parsons, A name from the past we shot togerther at Williamsport way back in the 60-70, Devitos shot the 7mm300 .did quite well,I owned the Black Forest Campgrounsd on rt 44,Slate Run Not many long range hunter there,Lowell Amand myself and a few other, we just to old to go getem,

2. yobuck

yobuck Well-Known Member

I believe Jack might be the name.
    We never met by ive heard about you from Lowell.
    He recently moved to a new place in Lititz, sort of a retirement type place where they do all the maintenance. It has a walkout basement with a very long view, so he can just wheel the big glass outside and check them out. Same phone number.
    He still finds a way to crawl up to that lookout near Letonia, and they have been doing quite well. #1 hall of famer and i had dinner in the Black Forest Inn on the first day year before last season. The place was empty, I’m sure you could have picked the room you wanted. Lowell was the only one staying at the Slate run Hotel. Yet their bitching about no ARs or Sunday hunting.

3. grandslamsheephunter

grandslamsheephunter Official LRH Sponsor LRH Team Member

Yep Jack Lyons, I still glass with his nephew as I suffered a stroke , I hunted with Amand several years in the lookout .Can climb much anymore and there are not to much to see anymore, we seen the best of times up there, and I turned to getting the Grandslam of Sheep. Bob Zug his neph to me he moved,, Thanks for the reply small world God BLess

4. Reno1121

Reno1121 Member

You're correct on a couple of counts; Weatherby is selling 6.5 brass, and the 6.5 Wby is a death ray.

5. LazzInc

LazzInc Official LRH Sponsor

Caveman ,,, one of my very first wildcats was a 7mm/300 WBY and it was a very good hunting cartridge, so I think the 6.5/300 WBY wildcat would be similar ,,,, good 130-140gr hunting bullet ought to just knock the snot out of the overrated 6.5 Creedmore ,,,