6.5x284 winchester question

scoutsniper17

So,kinda wondering if you have a 6.5x284 winchester and not a Norma,what brass are you guys using?All I see is the hornady brass,labeled as just 6.5x284.Thanksfor your helpgun)

Same. There are only 4 very subtle differences in the case its self, and a sizing die will fix them all in one very simple pass. There is nothing special you have to do with the winchester version than the Norma. I still believe Lapua or Norma is the best brass. But I personally use Hornady brass, because I have had good results from it at lower cost.

The 6.5x284norma is just the SAAMI spec chambering of the 6.5x284win, norma made it a standard cartridge so it got the norma designation, but the die sets are the same. Typically the norma chamber has a longer throat because it was meant for a long action and a lot of the 6.5x284win's were built on short actions. 100 pieces of lapua brass will easily shoot out your barrel if treated right as will the norma cases.

Thanks fellas,actually ordered some lapua brass last night from Sinclair int. last night.My rifle was actually built on a Rem 700 long action,Lilja 28"Sendaro Taper barrel,Shilen Trigger and HS Tac 2 stock...Only thing that is missing right now is my Huskemaw optics.Getting kinda anxious to get this bad boy set up and dialed in.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.