6.5x284 cooper results

screech

Hey guys. Was able to finally able to test A few new loads out of my new cooper. It seemed to really like 47 grains of H4831sc. with 140gr.smk. I dont know how to post pics on here so If you guys can help It would be appreciated. It measures .350 out side to out side. so if you measure the group outside to outside minuse .264 it measures .086 I think. This is the size of the group Right? Thanks

To post a picture you have to join a "hosting" site. Joining is about the same as how you joined here. You then have to follow the instructions at that site and get your pictures uploaded there.

Dave King gave some detailed instructions on how
to post pictures

It is pretty simple if you can ever get it done the first time. Kinda like riding a bicycle. Learning is the hard part.

Screech that's great shooting. This is what my Cooper likes to do:

ee004df8.jpg

Sorry bout the picture quality but I dont have a clue on what I am doing. I'm not real sure How I got it here so tomorrow I'll fiddle with it some more. Thanks everyone

Screech, that's some good shooting. You gotta love the 6.5x284, it's an awesome round. My 6.5x284 averages in the .1's, at 100 yards, all day long. My best three shot group is .093. I know I can get better than that, I just do not want to change anything with this load. My 6.5x284 has a tight neck 290 dia., here is my load for my 6.5 ;
1. Case-Lupa
2. Powder-52.5grns VV-N165
3. Bullet-Lupa 139grn Scenar
4. Primer-Federal 210 Match
5. COL-3.160
6. Velocity-3900 fps

I would love to have a Cooper for the collection, I am thinking about getting one in 22-250. How do you like yours, how much was it, how long did it take you to get it and where did you get it at.

Thanks,
Wildcat
My chamberings
338 Yogi (338 Lupa Magnum Improved)
6.5x284 290nk
6-284 272nk
220 Swift

Sorry, I mean 2900 fps in my 6.5x284. I must have been thinking about my 6-284 with the 75grn V-MAX.

sorry i did not reply. I got my cooper at sportsmans wharehouse in boise. I had a friend that works there that had ordered it then couldn't afford it when it showed up.
I love mine I just wish that the action was a tad bit longer so I could seat the berger bullets out longer without having to take the bolt out on an unfired round. If my memory serves me right I thinks he said it took 9 months to arrive but Im not positive. But for accuracy and shooting it I love it.

Re: 6.5x284 classic

I am trying to find a 6.5x284 in the classic model to carry in the field. Do you guys think that I can obtain the same accuracy levels. All I can say is wow, good shooting. I have never handled the varminter model, but it does not seem like a rifle I would want to carry in the sand hills for miles.

For these loads , or the caliber in general, what range should I limit myself to on a whitetail/mule deer? ...375 yards of energy? If conditions were right/calm I sure wish that I could go further because I will have the chance many times. They just bed up and look down at me with no chance of a stalk. I know I could simply get a bigger caliber, but that is not the point. Being surgical is.

Re: 6.5x284 classic

Screech,
Excellent group, well done.
I am glad you like your Cooper, i have the Varminter without the vents in 6mmBR fantastic rifle, i hope you enjoy yours as much as i do mine.

Ian.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.