6.5prc Hornady 143 eldx with retumbo

Josebd

Anybody reload for this combination?
going to reloading for my boss and he was wondering how this combination did as far as accuracy and speed?
hornady and nosler brass

I think I started around 58 and worked up. I was at mag length seating depth. I was at about 3050 and called it good. Didn't want to put too much stress on the brass because I don't have an updated chamber. So far so good on clickers.

From what I have been seeing, it sounds like H1000 is probably the better choice for 143 grain ELD-X and Retumbo is better for the 156 grain Berger EOL. The 147 ELDm is a toss up.

I couldn't get the speed I wanted with h1000. Accuracy was amazing. Retumbo has never been my favorite powder and others feel the same. N565 has been great so far with the 143 eldx. Over 3000fps , accurate and clean. soon as things warm up I'll see how much speed it gains with the temp changes.

Here is what I shot this morning 24 degrees,retumbo,3/8 group 100 yards
6624E20D-D0B3-4004-9D3D-0015C8EC05AD.png

With nosler brass I think it was 2978fps
this is with Hornady brass
.020 from lands
hornady 143 eldx

I couldn't get the speed I wanted with h1000. Accuracy was amazing. Retumbo has never been my favorite powder and others feel the same. N565 has been great so far with the 143 eldx. Over 3000fps , accurate and clean. soon as things warm up I'll see how much speed it gains with the temp changes.
What brass primers and charge weight were you using for N565 and the ELDX?

I've used nosler, Peterson and lapua. All with cci br primers. 58 grains in both lapua and Peterson showed no pressure signs and nosler did. I never went back to h-1000 after getting lapua or Peterson brass. At only 2880fps with nosler I moved on . I've since obtained a grand stash of rl-26 and have started working with it. I wish I could get a box of bergers , the faster I push the Hornady eldx the worse it groups.