6.5prc Barrel Life?

If it's your big game rifle the estimate of 3500 should last you a lifetime or two....after all you certainly don't need benchrest accuracy on vital zones the size of a volleyball or larger. Just don't make it your "daily driver" and you'll be fine...

I have a Rem 700 in 264 mag I bought new in 1964, stainless Bbl. It will still shoot under an inch. This is a hunting rifle. Has taken hundreds of big game. Never, never have shot more than two shots without a cool down. In my 6.5x06 , never more than three shots, mostly two. If you shooy 5 shot groups on a regular basis you will fry the throat of your rifle in short order. Your choice.

Run n570 & use it for range practice and it won't last long. Ditto for RL26. If you are going to do heavy range practice, run n165. H1000 if you can't find n165 but keep a close eye out for carbon rings with h1000.

Old thread but good information. I have a seekins ph2 6 5 prc. About 600 rouds down it. Accuracy is fine and throat erosion is maybe a few thousandths. There is a bit of firecracking. So far all is well. Gotta be more people at or above 1500 rounds.

Old thread but good information. I have a seekins ph2 6 5 prc. About 600 rouds down it. Accuracy is fine and throat erosion is maybe a few thousandths. There is a bit of firecracking. So far all is well. Gotta be more people at or above 1500 rounds.
I have about 700 down the tube and have around 0.005 throat erosion. The rifle is still shooting the same as it did with 200 rounds down. With the 156 EOL I still am getting around 1/2 MOA performance.