6.5mm/.264 cartriges

North Americans are brainwashed that if it isn't a 30 cal its not big enough. If a 6.5 in Finland can kill moose why wouldn't it have the same performance here? I have a 264 Win Mag that has killed a few moose, two elk, two bears and over 50 deer all with 140gr Winchester factory loads. But now I mainly use my 300 Weatherby Mag, 180 gr bullets, same velocity... yeah, I am a hipocrit.
I still love to shoot my 264 though its a sentimental favorite.

The older Sierra 155 bullet was a dog and until they came out with the 142 nobody made agood bullet for it except custom guys.Hornady,Lapua and Sierra all produce 135-145 gr bullets now and it is now one of the more popular 1000 yard competition rounds.Rich De Simone using an improved 6.5/284 holds the IBS light gun group record at 1000 yards at 1.563 inches for 5 shots.
Lynn

Maybe with a better bullet selection; now available, the .264 Win Mag popularity will improve. As for me, it's the finest thing I've ever pulled a trigger on! Good Shootin'

nighthunter264winmag
Member # 2473
posted 10-18-2004 07:14 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe with a better bullet selection; now available, the .264 Win Mag popularity will improve. As for me, it's the finest thing I've ever pulled a trigger on! Good Shootin'
--------------------
I just bought a Remingtom 700 in 264 mag
26" stainless barrel
have not loaded anything for it yet.
can you send me some good loads that you use
[email protected]

Shot my first deer this season with my 6.5-06 Ack. at 300 yards, it makes it look easy. I shoot the 142 SMK exclusively in fire formed brass, and all the others in fire forming. I've come to love the round! Extremely accurate at extreme ranges. Pop cans are not a problem at 400 yards.
grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.