6.5 saum gap 4s powder choice

Highvoltage

A good friend just had one built and he's looking for the best performing powders. H1000 is getting harder to find. He's going to start break in and load development with 143 eldx and 130 Sierra gamechanger. Thanks for any advice. Best wishes

Reloder 26 will give top end speeds but is also hard to come by it seems.
N165 is the coolest burning powder and it does well but won't get you highest velocity. H4831 and Retumbo are both worth trying too.
Reloder 23 with the 130gr should work well too.
Just some ideas that I tried with mine.

Lots of good options listed. Magnum powders are all getting harder and harder to get. RL23 is a good powder for a lot of mid sized cartridges, and I see it in stock when other popular powders are no where to be found.

I'm using the Berger 130 Gr HVLD on top of 63.0 Gr H-1000 with no signs of pressure. (In my rifle.) Other powders I've seen load data on are RL 25 and Retumbo. I'm going to work up a load with the 140 HVLD and according to the data I have 61.5 Gr H-1000 is max. Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.