6.5 rem mag loads

tobehunted

I had my 338 win mag rebarreled to 6.5 rem mag for my wife.That way I could seat the heavier bullets out longer . I finally had a chance to go out yesterday morning and shoot for groups. I was looking for accuracy for her not speed and I believe I got it. Those circles are a dime so I got a little bit of change left over.What i couldnt believe is 3 out of the first 4 groups ever fired from this gun looked like this. I aint complaing 1 bit and talk about no recoil and a joy to shoot.

Attachments

• P1010012.jpg
    P1010012.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 117
  • P1010011.jpg
    P1010011.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 124
  • P1010009.jpg
    P1010009.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 129
very nice groups looks like you have a real shooter. I have a custom 260 and it really shoots well also. i am getting 2710 fps shooting the Berger 140gr vld's I even put on a muzzle brake. i can see the impact of the bullet at 100 yards most of the time. 6.5 are a lot of fun to shoot. I shot a mule deer last year at 550 yards he never took a step. actually watched it through my scope.

I gave the 140 vlds some serious thought , but ended up on the 130s , I figured i could always try them if the 130s didnt do to good. I need to load some more up and run it out a ways 400 or 500 to see how it groups....on a nice cool no wind morning. That would be fun watching through the scope . Makes me wish I got a brake put on. I was concentrating on groups but I will see if can watch the impacts when I run it out a ways.

I have shot mine out to 1400 yards but I shoot 1000 with if a lot I have pics of groups I shot last week at 1000 yards in a 10 mph wind b I also have a pic that I shot a prairie dog Target at 1000 yards. I hit the prairie dog Target two weeks ago at 800 yards cold bore

i usually do not just shoot for group unless i am working on a load or testing something but a few weeks ago i was working on my wind figuring skills and we had a gusty little wind that was quartering to me so i shot for a group. my group at 1,000 yards was around 8" and at 800 they are around 4-5" these were like 6-7 shot groups not just 3 i did have some wind. added about .25/ /.5 was added for wind correction. that is why two weeks ago i went to the range and all 5 wind flags were dead. i was so excited and having known my come ups from the day before i quickly dialed up 800 yards which is 21.2 moa and shot the prairie dog with a first round cold bore hit. from a 100 yard zero it takes 28.75 to get to 1000 yards and 25.25 to get to 900 yards. I do have a pics of the shot prairie dog and the 1000 yard group on my phone that i would be happy to text you if you want to email with the number [email protected].

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.