6.5 PRC Nosler AB LR

kj12johnson

Just purchased a Bergara 6.5 PRC. Love it so far. Been searching forums everywhere and see people are across the board with best reloading preferences. I have Noslers and Hornadys book. They are across the board too on what might work best when it comes to powder. Brass even seems to be a point of contention with these PRCs. Hornady better than Nosler, that's a first for me.

I have purchased 142gr Nosler Accubond LR bullets. Pretty stuck on that with my success with my 300 wby Accubond. I'll admit I'm green when it comes to reloading. Looking for advice / recommendations on a couple combinations to try. Best of the best is the goal.

Currently set on the 142 ABLR
Best Brass?
Best Powder?
Best Primers?

There is no such thing as best powder. Lapua and ADG make great brass. H1000, retumbo, rl26, n560, n565, have all make very small groups for me with one bullet or another. If you can get your hands on either one of the brass and 5 pounds of powder the weakest link you will get is trying to get them 142s to group. Good luck.

Had good luck with 140s, adg brass, rl25 (couldn't find 26, this works just fine for me). I can post details if you want.

140 VLD hunter .01 off the lands
adg brass/gunwerks brass
RL25 59.0 GR
210M primer

After a few 100 rounds on the fresh barrel I'm now launching them at 3100 fps. Started around 3040 if I remember correctly. Sub 1/2 moa when I do my job. This load is teetering on pressure on hot days.