6.5 PRC Hornady brass wont size correctly. Dent on shoulder. Confused.....

My understanding is these will only size less than max. If your die is not pushing the shoulder back enough it wont help?
It's a set of 5 shell holders in .002 increments,. I set the die and then use to bump shoulders( RCBS, Hornady dies). I do see what you are saying, I had a shell holder that would not let the die size correctly and it fixed the problem.

Just letting everyone know how everything turned out.
6.5 PRC
140 Sierra HPBT
Powder: RL-26
Charge: 56 grains
Primer: CCI #34 (WHITE BOX)
C.O.L.- 2.880"
Velocity: 3089-3102 FPS
LARGEST GROUP: .880"
SMALLEST GROUP: .560"

( 7/8" group was fired immediately after making a 70 MOA UPWARD and then 70 MOA DOWNWARD adjustment to check scope tracking)

The case depth gauge REALLY helped and also saves me ALOT of time when re-sizing.

Decapping rod however has become to severe to keep repairing. Will be ordering a new decapping rod OR a whole new resizing die. Possibly L.E. Wilson this time.

I cannot thank all you guys enough.
My reloading experience this last 20 cartridges was so much more well-informed and enjoyable because of all of you guys.

Thank you all again.

Kevin

The case depth gauge REALLY helped and also saves me ALOT of time when re-sizing.

Decapping rod however has become to severe to keep repairing. Will be ordering a new decapping rod OR a whole new resizing die. Possibly L.E. Wilson this time.

I cannot thank all you guys enough.
My reloading experience this last 20 cartridges was so much more well-informed and enjoyable because of all of you guys.

Thank you all again.

Kevin
I use the Lee's universal decapping die. Gets rid of anything crimped easily.

That's not really an issue for me (no crimps) but what IS a problem is when a case gets stuck and the carbide ball is stuck in the case neck so i have to drill/tap everytime i get a stuck case. Ugh

I 100% agree epoletna.......and to be able to use the brass i HAVE without having to spend more $......could i tighten the groups up? Probably......but when I'm getting 1/2" groups with what i have, theres only so much "tightening " to be done.

Recent Posts