6.5 prc brass discussion

Can I just file down the area pointed to and circled?

Attachments

• 7B2B1E1F-2E63-4E44-810F-3729B07161FD.jpeg
    7B2B1E1F-2E63-4E44-810F-3729B07161FD.jpeg
    249.9 KB · Views: 55
Can I just file down the area pointed to and circled?
Can. I use a end mills. The only issue is that it shortens the bolt body a little and puts more pressure on the firing pin spring. With the amount you are removing it likely won't be that noticeable. When doing that you should probably reset the cocking button space to .080-.100 off the bottom of the ramp.

So there is 60" feeler gauges makes it tight then extracts fired brass that would stick factory handle extracts it just fine. And calipers are off had a cheaper set that measured it bigger at the .53 so I will look into a new set
Don't go cheap. It's a hard pill to swallow but when we are creating precision ammo etc this is a critical piece of equipment. I went cheap for a long long time and regret the heck of it. Mitutoyo is what I use now.

Well how hard is that ring to drill and tap? Or there is a decent amount of metal on the handle that could be shorten just ti is hard on but bits

Well I have a little bit of room to take it down flush before adding any pressure on things. If I am understanding right I could make it flush and it wouldn't change my spring pressure?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 38
26" free with Oem handle and 60" with ti so I only need .34" correct?
Not sure I am following your numbers. 26" means 26 inches. Are you saying .26" or just a touch over a quarter inch or are you saying .026 which is 26 thousands? 26-60= 34 so yes you'll need to remove that amount to be equal.

Well had to stop and go back to stock handles for now I'm starting to run out of room for bolt handle to clear the action so I have to shim the big black washer ramp thing back BrentM thanks for all your help