6.5 PRC & 156 EOL (Work up thread)

Well it's been a few trips with bullet length seating changes, different power charges and BR2's with star line brass, I finally got the gun shooting decent. I just need to shoot again without the chrono attached. Generally in the past this hasn't made a big difference since the barrel is a bull barrel. I'm only loading 45 grains of RL26 getting 2760fps average for 5 shots. Next plan is load up some more and then try and true it out to 1000y. According to the app I should be at 1679fps and 977ft/lb of energy at 1000. The brass would not shoot 46 grains without pressure. 45.7 was max but still made the bolt lift a little sticky. I believe my final seating depth was 2.955 for COAL. Should do the trick for some mule deer this fall.
Interesting. It is puzzling that you are at such a low powder load. Most people shooting RL26 are able to run up to 56-58gr area before pressuring out. Is that brass super soft? Personally, I've been shooting 58.2gr of H1000 behind the 156 for about 5 years now. Never could find enough RL26 to make it worthwhile to develop a load on. I'm sure I could squeeze a little more velocity using it.

For anyone interested or have a 6.5 Creedmoor Similar performance can be had with a factory Ruger RPR in 6.5 Creedmoor, with the reformed hybrid bimetal 277 Fury cases to 6.5 Creedmoor...feeds from a 10 rd MDT mag.
My standard 6.5 Creedmoor loads are 147 gr ELDM at 2978 fps ave , 150 SMK 2980 fps ave, 153 Atips 2956 fps ave...ran the 150 SMK to 3056 fps but the accuracy around 3000 fps.
Not for the average reloader and components are hard to get...but it's there. The bimetal hybrid 277 Fury seems to have fallen flat on its face, with the Sig Cross rifle, but it would be a good hunting cartridge with the 80,000 psi hybrid cases, put on the market, and readily available.
I've reformed the 277 hybrid cases to 308 Win, 6.5 Creedmoor, and 358 Win just for fun on the 358. They will really increase the performance of standard cartridges if you find the right powder.

I start getting some pressure after 56 grs. RL26 in ADG/Gunwerks brass. But I'm getting 2921 fps w/156.
W/124 Hammer and RL23 I'm getting 3200 something. 3240 I think.
Fed 210 match were best. Lower ES and SD than CCI BR2
Wyo, I'm getting darn near identical as you out of a 24" Bartlein. 56 R26, Lapua brass, Fed 210M primer, 2.94" COAL. 2,925 fps

Well it's been a few trips with bullet length seating changes, different power charges and BR2's with star line brass, I finally got the gun shooting decent. I just need to shoot again without the chrono attached. Generally in the past this hasn't made a big difference since the barrel is a bull barrel. I'm only loading 45 grains of RL26 getting 2760fps average for 5 shots. Next plan is load up some more and then try and true it out to 1000y. According to the app I should be at 1679fps and 977ft/lb of energy at 1000. The brass would not shoot 46 grains without pressure. 45.5 was max but 45.7 made the bolt lift a little sticky. Also had ejector swipe on the brass. But I'm good with the 45 grains and 2760.

Wachsmann, your post:

" I just need to shoot again without the Chrono attached. Generally in the past, this hasn't made a big difference since the barrel is a bull barrel. "

barrel harmonics are changed with very tiny adjustments and weight differences. For instance, when I put a tuner on a rifle barrel that is a 1.25" straight barrel blank, I can advance the tuner or retract the tuner adjustment by as little as .005 and see a tremendous difference in how the barrel groups.

So, when you add a magneto speed to your barrel, no matter what dia the barrel is, you change the harmonics, but how much is key.
I would just chronograph after you have dialed in your load to get the speed.

I am normally trying to achieve 3/8" and less groups in my hunting rifles, to put in perspective.

I am not sure why anyone would try and develop a long range rifle load without knowing the FPS, SD, and ES. Those things go hand in hand these days. Old school was to develop an accurate load at 100 believe that accuracy held true for distance. It does not. Generally magneeto speed chrono's affect POI but not accuracy. If you don't like the POA shift, get a stock mount that moves the device from the barrel. Wiser makes one that works well. Me, I have a magneeto and labradar. I use the lab soley anymore due to the simplicity of the system and accuracy. It's just far superior in every way for me. In the end, do whatever you want, but I recommend load development based off on SD and ES combined with accuarcy to get the best long range load you can.