6.5 Grendel barrel

I like my 24", use it for hunting. 95gr V max at 3100, and Barnes127lrx at 2650. Groups about .250 and great for youts, and dear and speed goats.

found a pic of mine. CMC trigger, BA barrel, athlon btr 4-14 in a burris qd pepr.

i'll post some pics of the groups after i shoot it more, only put about 20 rounds through it so far.

it's a fun gun, but i shot it next to my .223 wylde and it's definitely got more recoil, but it's not bad. both have a2 flash hiders.

Attachments

• IMG_3649.JPG
    IMG_3649.JPG
    813.6 KB · Views: 167
found a pic of mine. CMC trigger, BA barrel, athlon btr 4-14 in a burris qd pepr.

i'll post some pics of the groups after i shoot it more, only put about 20 rounds through it so far.

it's a fun gun, but i shot it next to my .223 wylde and it's definitely got more recoil, but it's not bad. both have a2 flash hiders.
Very Nice!!

20190501_211006.jpg

Here is my 24" Grr. Don't have any of the 16"....yet! :)

20180602_115327.jpg

The 18" is in the foreground and my 5R 20" to the rear. I don't have a current picture of these two. The both have Gibbz side charge receivers and the 16, 18 and 20 have Athlon scopes.

The 18" is in the foreground and my 5R 20" to the rear. I don't have a current picture of these two. The both have Gibbz side charge receivers and the 16, 18 and 20 have Athlon scopes.

which athlon scopes do you have? how do you like them? i bought the BTR model because i thought i read that they were all made in japan, but it says made in china on the bottom of mine.

the glass seems to be pretty clear and the adjustments seem to be on. when i went to zero i was .8 mils left and about .2 low, i measured with the reticle, made the adjustments and the next shot was dead center of the target. so it seems to track ok, i havent tried it at distance yet, i hope to this weekend.

I ordered a Ballistic Advantage bolt carrier group and a 18 inch fluted barrel. Bought me a trigger tech 3 1/2 pound single stage yesterday at a local store. Only thing left is a gas block and hand guard. Gas block will likely be a superlative clamp on adjustable. Not sure about hand guard yet? I'm waiting on a few emails to come back so I can verify the hand guard will fit properly over gas block. I'm really enjoying these pictures thank you.

I have built about 4-5 Grendel's now and BY FAR the best shooting one was an 18" from AR-15 performance . Easily shot .25 @ 100 with Hornady black. Shot exceptionally fast too.

I have an 18" Odin Works Stainless 6.5 Grendel barrel that I bought as my first grendel barrel when they included the gas tube, adjustable block and BCG. It was a pretty good deal at the time so I felt compelled to give it a try. With my hand loads I'm getting about a .4-.5" group if I do my part. While it does shoot well... I'm wanting to set up the ultimate coyote gun and hog hunting gun (I know that the hogs have tougher skin but I'm not worried about tearing up coyotes) and I don't know if 6.5 Grendel is the answer or not. I had never heard of AR15Performance but interested to hear more about them. A lot of guys swear by their T-Box Barrels. There's a bunch of high quality stuff out there nowadays.

I have a slew of night time hunting guns but why not add one more... thinking of going with a 6mm grendel or 6.8 SPC in a short barrel configuration and running suppressed.

I ordered a Ballistic Advantage bolt carrier group and a 18 inch fluted barrel. Bought me a trigger tech 3 1/2 pound single stage yesterday at a local store. Only thing left is a gas block and hand guard. Gas block will likely be a superlative clamp on adjustable. Not sure about hand guard yet? I'm waiting on a few emails to come back so I can verify the hand guard will fit properly over gas block. I'm really enjoying these pictures thank you.

that superlative arms block should be good to go with just about any rail you choose. the yankee hill block is really big on the bottom, so i've seen guys that have clearance issues.

i got a good deal on an aim sports rail for my grendel. i'd have bought something nicer, but i'm paying 2 daycares right now so i can't spring for the midwest industries, BCM or troy stuff for a few more years. if i were to show all my guns in chronological order, you could definitely tell when i started paying for daycare.

Hey 762x51,
On my AR's I'm using Athlon entry level scopes. They are just as you describe a couple clicks and yhey are zero'd!

The Talos line is what 3 of my 4 AR Grendel's carry...they have etched glass (number one feature I look for)...turrets are covered, but finger friendly. They have nice reticles for hold over...don't think this level of scope would be reliable for dialing up shot...but I have at the range. They have been spot on out to 600yds at the range....well beyond the Grendel hunting range.

I use the Argo's FFP line for my smaller 6.5 rifles (3) that I use on long range steel. I trust this line to do some dial up and would hunting up to a 600yd shot.

I have a friend who has the Cronus was jus a couple clicks away from zero when he mounted his scope. He is thrilled with it. He pulled a high dollar Ziess which he didn't care much for.

Hey 762x51,
On my AR's I'm using Athlon entry level scopes. They are just as you describe a couple clicks and yhey are zero'd!

The Talos line is what 3 of my 4 AR Grendel's carry...they have etched glass (number one feature I look for)...turrets are covered, but finger friendly. They have nice reticles for hold over...don't think this level of scope would be reliable for dialing up shot...but I have at the range. They have been spot on out to 600yds at the range....well beyond the Grendel hunting range.

I use the Argo's FFP line for my smaller 6.5 rifles (3) that I use on long range steel. I trust this line to do some dial up and would hunting up to a 600yd shot.

I have a friend who has the Cronus was jus a couple clicks away from zero when he mounted his scope. He is thrilled with it. He pulled a high dollar Ziess which he didn't care much for.

mine is definitely an entry level scope too, i think it was about $220 with tax. i trust it to dial at the range, but not on an animal. i plan to upgrade to something better as soon as i can afford it.

I have an 18" Odin Works Stainless 6.5 Grendel barrel that I bought as my first grendel barrel when they included the gas tube, adjustable block and BCG. It was a pretty good deal at the time so I felt compelled to give it a try. With my hand loads I'm getting about a .4-.5" group if I do my part. While it does shoot well... I'm wanting to set up the ultimate coyote gun and hog hunting gun (I know that the hogs have tougher skin but I'm not worried about tearing up coyotes) and I don't know if 6.5 Grendel is the answer or not. I had never heard of AR15Performance but interested to hear more about them. A lot of guys swear by their T-Box Barrels. There's a bunch of high quality stuff out there nowadays.

I have a slew of night time hunting guns but why not add one more... thinking of going with a 6mm grendel or 6.8 SPC in a short barrel configuration and running suppressed.
I'm already thinking about my next build also.

that superlative arms block should be good to go with just about any rail you choose. the yankee hill block is really big on the bottom, so i've seen guys that have clearance issues.

i got a good deal on an aim sports rail for my grendel. i'd have bought something nicer, but i'm paying 2 daycares right now so i can't spring for the midwest industries, BCM or troy stuff for a few more years. if i were to show all my guns in chronological order, you could definitely tell when i started paying for daycare.
I ended up buying a custom gas adjustable gas block. Found a really nice seeking lightweight hand guard also. Now only sad part is I'm headed to work and will be gone for a month.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 142
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.