6.5 Creedmore

bigdumboy

lightbulbI have a 6.5creedmore in the ruger target model plan to use for groundhogs in the fram lands of pa.The 129gr.hornady is just to big so i thinking about something about 85gr.to 95gr.Anyone out in the free world have any thoughts on the matter.Any feed back would be helpful for a just starting out reloader.

I've shot 95 grain VMax through mine and I would have 3 shots in the same hole and 2 flyers on every single group that would open them all up to around 2 MOA. I only tried 2 different powders and then just decided to stay with the 140 A Max as my go to bullet. I probably have over 50 of them I'd sell you super cheap if you want them. PM if your interested.

I just shot a 5 round, 100 yard group @ .602" this evening with my creedmoor using 95 V-Max and Varget. It was my first experience with the 95's and I'm sure I can tweak the group to under .500 with a little experimentation. They shot better than my 120 smk's or A-Max's the first time out so I'm excited to try them some more.

I just shot a 5 round, 100 yard group @ .602" this evening with my creedmoor using 95 V-Max and Varget. It was my first experience with the 95's and I'm sure I can tweak the group to under .500 with a little experimentation. They shot better than my 120 smk's or A-Max's the first time out so I'm excited to try them some more.

What load were you using? How long was you COAL?

Was seated very deep 2.54 COAL. I don't like to publish load data so start light and work your way up. You also might want to experiment with the seating depth once you find the load that works. Every gun shoots differently.

Thanks to the two members for your input,the infor you gave will help me find the load thats right for my gun.I will be starting to reload when my brother gets back from his hog hunt down in Texas. Thanks

I shot some old 85gr Sierra bullets out of my Creedmoor and the groups were absolutely terrible! I still have 30 rounds of them loaded. No idea what it is. Groups were close to 5" at 100yds.

I have a box of the 95gr Vmax bullets that I'll load up and try soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.