6.5 Creedmore

Hawkeye63

Anybody have any idea what Hornady is loading their 129sst superformance with. Just purchased a creed and it shoots this load decent but I believe ican reload it to shoot better.

The 129 superformance is the first factory loading i have used in many years, shoots and kills very well in my Savage. I assumed it was loaded with Hodgdon Superformance powder, but I don't know that.

Im pretty sure they use hogdon superformance powder. Out of all the powders if tried for my 6.5 cm Rl-17 is the best all around for accuracy and velocity. My dad uses Rl-17 with the 129 sst with good results

What bullet u shooting,with the 4350.

I'm running the 130 gr berger vld hunting. Out of my 26" barrel it's around 2950 fps. I have only validated velocity out to 605 so not far enough to get a true fps. I know it's less than the 2950 but it's real close. Gunsmith says it runs hornady 140 amax's real well also using the 4350.

What bullet u shooting,with the 4350.

I usually run a 140 a-max on top of 43 grains of Rl-17. Thats goin at 2900 fps out of a 24 inch tube. Ive been trying the 100 a-max for coyotes and im getting 1/2 moa with that. I got some 130 bergers im h oing to start playing with as well.

Got a pretty good group with 39 grns rl15 with the 130 vld.just playing with it now kinda partial tonhornady ammo. What kinda load you putting behind the 129.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.