6.5 CM bullet difference

Waynzee

Hi fellas, what do y'all think and why, which one would be a better bullet a 120 gr. Sierra Prohunter or a 129 gr Hornady SST for deer hunting out to 300 yards. The reason I ask, both bullets shoot well in my rifle at near max velocity. I'm shooting a Browning X Bolt Stalker 22 inch barrel.

coin toss??
The Hornady "LITE" loaded with the 129gr SST in my daughters 7mm-08, is a stone killer.

Never used the Pro Hunter just the GameKings but I think either will put meat on your table with ease but you gotta hittem in the right place, as we say.

I have to ask. If you're only intending to shoot to ~300yds. Why such light bullets? Not that a 129 is crazy light or anything, just curiosity on my part.

I definitely have to vote for the SST over the Pro Hunter but that's my opinion and they usually aren't worth much :D

t

I have to ask. If you're only intending to shoot to ~300yds. Why such light bullets? Not that a 129 is crazy light or anything, just curiosity on my part.

I definitely have to vote for the SST over the Pro Hunter but that's my opinion and they usually aren't worth much :D

t
I'm just wondering if 9 grs. of bullet weight would make that much difference out to 300 yards.

I usually prefer to stack the odds in my favor. I'm not sure what the SD difference is between a 120 and 129 equates to but at least in paper ballistics; greater SD equates into greater penetration, etc.

t

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.