• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

6.5-300WSM brass (270Wsm)

7070yshot

I may have bitten off more than I can chew. I offered to reload ammo for lady (i know i fell for the oldest trick). She brought me a custom 6.5-300Wsm gun. beautiful gun and lady. Anway. Her husband passed and all the reloading equipment was absconded with.
So having zero experience with this round (she told me it was 6.5, i assumed a sweede or creedmoore) I'm looking for already prepped brass or some 270WSM and some advice. Info on dies would help as well.

Do you have any idea what the chamber neck dia. is?
How many brass you looking for?

I make my own out of WIN 270wsm brass.
I turn them for a .296 fired round a no turn should be .300- .301.
Can you measure a couple fired pieces

Ok
Whats a loaded round neck dia?
ill look tomorrow when I'm back in the shop.
so the necks have to turned as well? Wow this is going to fun.
Am I to assume you start with 270wsm cases, neck size them to 6.5, turn the necks then load and fire form the brass for a full loading?

Yeah, get some 270 wsm or 300wsm bushing dies and change the expander ball out to 6.5 or use mandrels for sizing the neck.

I'm selling my 6.5x300wsm that I've shot along time on an tang safty Ruger action a nd waitng on a Proof carbon to put together another 6.5x300wsm on a Defiance anti XM action and AG stock.

Yeah I have a 300wsm die i converted to 6.5. It not fireforming per say, no different than any other new brass in a gun. Your not changing shoulder angle just blowing out new undersized brass to fit your chamber.

I have loaded many of these 6.5x300, or 6.5x 270 WSM. Just run a 270 WSM thru your 6.5x300 WSM full length die. Load & shoot. Never have had to turn a neck.