6.5-300 loaded neck diameter

Perfect!! That's a very good sample and I m gonna turn my necks til I get .291 outside diameter on a reloaded round!

Thx to all.

Great, thanks!! Sounds like my loads (starting) may not be even expanding the case fully. Still doing barrel breakin so will go up in charge and watch closely.

I m thinking of trying the 143 Eldx for deer and coyotes. What load/reload are you using if you don't mind me asking. I ve got some US869 that seems to get good velocity and accuracy with the heavier bullets. Think I ll try it first.
Hi. I just finished working up a load for a clients 6.5-300 weatherby on a mark 5 action. If you intend to get the full potential out of this case dont use hornady projectiles as they will probably blow apart. We chose to use a barns 127gr projectile at an average velocity of 3350fps which gave us an average group of .450 inch.

I m gonna try 3-4 groups with Hornady's since I have them but if they won't take the rpm will go with Barnes or Swift.

Might I ask what powder and charge weight you worked up to. Also OAL? Thx for any help.