6.5-06 Quickload request. H1000

Turpentine21

Guys I was wondering if any of you would be kind enough to run me some Quickload data for my 6.5-06 A Square. I cannot run GRT on my IPad which is all I have. I have asked this before on the forum and was answered but have switched brass and have a little more experience with the cartridge.
Particulars
147 and 140 hornady eldms and 145 Barnes match burners
147 seated OAL 3.387, 140 seated OAL 3.368. 145 Barnes Match Burner seated OAL 3.45. The Match burner is very long but no issue in my rig.
Lapua once fired Brass trimmed to 3.384. H20 capacity 68 grains
Rifle 6.5-06 a square with 26" criterion barrel
1 in 8 twist
Powder H1000
Federal 210m primer
If you should need any other data please don't hesitate to ask. Id sure appreciate anyone's help.

Not sure what quickload is but my wife shoots a 6.5-06ai 143eldx 26in benchmark barrel..gun loves 59grns h1000 and a cci250 3050fps..worked up to 62grns without much gain in speed or accuracy

Not sure what quickload is but my wife shoots a 6.5-06ai 143eldx 26in benchmark barrel..gun loves 59grns h1000 and a cci250 3050fps..worked up to 62grns without much gain in speed or accuracy
Right now my chrono is saying 3016fps with 56.5 grains, a 147, and Lapua brass. This seems high as the same load in REM brass clocks 2936. I'm going to have to go out and run drops to 1000 and plot the speed.
I did this for 140s and H4831 and the load was actually faster than my chrono was giving according to drops.

I fire form hornady 25-06 brass..if lapua is thicker like everyone says your velocity would make sense
It is thicker. Remington holds about the same amount of H2O however. I'll know more when I try some once fired Lapua. I'm going to sacrifice a few cases in repeated firings with this 56.5 load to see if the primer pockets hold out.

I get 5 or so cycles with the hornady brass before they start to feel loose going in
So far I have shot Remington, Winchester, and Lapua. I bought the Lapua to see if it would tighten up my Sd and ES. If my first firings are any indication it will certainly do that. My first 3 of 5 shots was 3016fps. I got single digit es and Sd which I had never seen with this rifle

Guys I was wondering if any of you would be kind enough to run me some Quickload data for my 6.5-06 A Square. I cannot run GRT on my IPad which is all I have. I have asked this before on the forum and was answered but have switched brass and have a little more experience with the cartridge.
Particulars
147 seated OAL 3.387, 140 seated OAL 3.368. 145 Barnes Match Burner seated OAL 3.45. The Match burner is very long but no issue in my rig.
1 in 8 twist
Powder H1000
Federal 210m primer
If you should need any other data please don't hesitate to ask. Id sure appreciate anyone's help.
Im out of town until Wednesday, I'll shoot you QL numbers by then if you still don't have them.

Right now my chrono is saying 3016fps with 56.5 grains, a 147, and Lapua brass. This seems high as the same load in REM brass clocks 2936. I'm going to have to go out and run drops to 1000 and plot the speed.
I did this for 140s and H4831 and the load was actually faster than my chrono was giving according to drops.

I don't know why you need quick load. Your rifle is telling you everything you need to know.

I don't know why you need quick load. Your rifle is telling you everything you need to know.
Understood, I just wanted to see what it said about the loads I have worked up. They do not appear over pressure at all. Primers are nice and round, easy bolt lift, no ejector marks. But primer pockets are loosening some. My speed is far from what quickload predicts. The barrel seems to like speed. The hotter you go the more consistent the speed and tighter the groups. Just scratching my head a bit and trying to stay safe

Understood, I just wanted to see what it said about the loads I have worked up. They do not appear over pressure at all. Primers are nice and round, easy bolt lift, no ejector marks. But primer pockets are loosening some. My speed is far from what quickload predicts. The barrel seems to like speed. The hotter you go the more consistent the speed and tighter the groups. Just scratching my head a bit and trying to stay safe
Quick load won't tell you that you are safe. Your rifle will let you know with pressure signs, never had QL lift a bolt for me to let me know if there is hard bolt life or tell me if there are ejector marks on my brass.

Don't rely on software to tell you anything, that's dangerous.

Quick load won't tell you that you are safe. Your rifle will let you know with pressure signs, never had QL lift a bolt for me to let me know if there is hard bolt life or tell me if there are ejector marks on my brass.

Don't rely on software to tell you anything, that's dangerous.
I would never rely on software alone. Im just trying to use it as one of the available tools. I ran up to 2 grains hotter before I hit stiff bolt lift and pressure signs. Around 58.5. That is where the stiff bolt lift and primer flattening and other signs started to occur. So I backed off from there And found a sweet spot 2 grains lower. I do however like to see the data that Quickload provides though the actual muzzle velocity is way different. Quickload was pretty much dead on when I was working up with H 4831sc. But it appears there is a discrepancy in velocity when it comes to H1000.

Last edited:
Particulars
1 in 8 twist
Powder H1000
Federal 210m primer
Didn't you ask for this back in August?