5r or sps tactical? undecided...

jd300rum

Just looking for some different opinions. I'm buying a .308 and wanted some input/opinions. I'm undecided whether to by a 20" barrel 5r or get the sps tactical and upgrade the stock. I like the 5r but not sure if it's worth the price difference. I could do a lot of upgrades for the difference.
Reading different posts and reviews the sps seems like once you get a better stock they shoot good. Both guns I've heard mixed feelings about the x-mark triggers. But that is about all I've heard/read bad about the 5r.
Any input from people who have had some hands on experience with either gun would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

I've got the R700 AAC-SD/ sps tactical. Anyway, it went on a B&C A3. it's bedded and to me the trigger is just fine. But I'm a large guy, so Finesse is not a major concern to me. I just hit 140 rounds today , and am very pleased with it.

I have a 308 5Rand it is amazingly accurate right out of the box. The only thing I have done to it us replaced the trigger with a Timney and painted it up.

It will consistently shoot 5 shot "bug holes" with 168 grain AMAX.

haven't had any experience with the particular rifles but have with 5r rifling it stays cleaner shoots fast and accurate

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.