.56moa, Iron Sights

justgoto

I was developing a load for the 1903 Springfield and was kinda surprised by the results.

springfield56moa.jpg

I am going to try another group tomorrow to see if I can duplicate that.

Looks pretty good.

1903's are very accurate rifles. I bought mine at a garage sale a few years ago. My Springfield Armory 1903A1 is dated 9-09 on the barrel, the serial number is in the low 380k, I only shoot cast bullets out of it. I have shot it out to 500 yards with cast bullets and have had pretty good results, ussally can hit a 16" off hand 50% of the time.

DSCF0005.jpg

I bought it with an original M1905 Bayonet with scabbard, I paid $175 the rifle and bayonet and sold the Bayonet and scabbard for $230 on ebay.

I love the action and would like to find another oen to build a "classic" custom in 257 AI.

I love those bullets!

I love those old rifles too! There is just something about them.

I have an Eddystone US Model of 1917 that came with a bayonet and scabbard, the blade on the bayonet is 17" long. Longest bayonet I have ever seen.
eddystone.png

bayonet.jpg

The barrel is stamped 9-18, (after they got the case hardening sorted out.)

The Springfield was made between 1941-1942 in New York. I am pretty sure it is the way it came from the factory. I had a book from the library that gave me all the facts and figures on it.

Beautiful rifle, thanks for sharing!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts