50cal/20mmcase

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by qkshot, Dec 13, 2003.

1. qkshot

qkshot Active Member

The other day i was looking in the cartridges of the world book and seen the 50fatmac. While i was in shock i thougt that
    now that's gotta be the biggest long range cartridge period.

does anybody have any info-velocity-accuracy- on this bohemoth or could ya point me in the direction of the story how this one came to be.

also what kinda action/tube combo would take something like that and what kind of recoilwould that thing have

2. qkshot

qkshot Active Member

Oh by the way thanks in advance [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Well, the recoil of a 750g bullet in front of 350g of powder going 3400 fps would be about like your favorite '06.
    ... as long as it weighed about 200#.
    A 25# rifle would give you about 200 ft lb straight in to your now broken collar bone and rotator cuff, and anything else nearby.
    Mount it to your VW Beetle and it'll give just under 2 ft lb. Not bad at all, really.

And as Barnes mentioned , McBros has an action for it. Must be giant.

4. Mark_in_utah

Mark_in_utah Well-Known Member

How does this match up with the Pacnor 50BMG-20mm improved? Do you mount it on your jeep?

Mark in Utah

5. qkshot

qkshot Active Member

200ftlbs of recoil ouch!!!
    no wonder nobody mentions it.

However it still would be the baddest out their [​IMG]

but the trailer and vehicle you would need to pull into the woods would probably scare off the game and then theirs the weight factor

yeah better have a vehicle mounted unit [​IMG]

thanks for the info