502yd doe

DCGS

Official LRH SPONSOR
Dan Woody a friend and customer sent me this pic of a doe he shot at 502 yd's for the freezer. I built Dan this gun last year. It is a 7mm rum. Here ar the specs:
Remington action blueprinted
Brux 7mm, 9 twist, interupted fluting, finished at 28 inches
SSG slot port break
Jewell Trigger set at 1lb.
H&S stock with cheek piece, skim bedded
5.5x22x56 Nightforce with NPR2 reticle
Nightforce base and Rings

Good shooting Dan. Hunt hard only one day left for this season.

Attachments

• 502 yd deer.jpg
    502 yd deer.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Nice shooting.

How do you like the Brux barrels? I talked with them not long after they started up. I realize not all barrels are made equal but if you were to obtain one barrel each from Krieger, Rock, Brux, Obermeyer, and Bartlein barrels, each of them telling you their barrel was made from one of the better batches of steel they've received, is, in your opinion, there a small or substantial difference in them?

Or I could put it this way, would you be satisfied with one of those companies for all of your cut-rifle barrel needs?

If I am asked for a barrel recomendation I use Brux. I have not had a bad one yet. With that said I have not had a bad Krieger either. Both have shot very well for me. I have not used the 2 other ones yet. I have a Rock Creek on order for a build. We are building 2 guns just alike except for the barrels. One will have a Krieger and one Rock Creek.It will be interesting to see if we can tell the differance. I built a 6.5x284 with a Broughton and it also shot well. If a customer wants a certain barrel then that's what I get for him. I haven't seen a lot of differance between any of the name brands. Dan

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.