5000 miles and still working

That is fine shooting with a LV for sure.

Do you feel that weighing your charges gives you an advantage over thrown charges? I read a couple days age where Jackie Schmidt thinks that 133 gives better consistancy by weight rather than volume.

That is fine shooting with a LV for sure.

Do you feel that weighing your charges gives you an advantage over thrown charges? I read a couple days age where Jackie Schmidt thinks that 133 gives better consistancy by weight rather than volume.

Well, I think that weighing charges is more foolproof. If one is not careful to throw charges by volume exactly the same way every time you can get variation. So it takes practice to work the Harrel's the same way no matter who is wiggling your table or chewing on your ear. That is hard to do so I like just hitting a button and let the machine do the work. It is a bit slower (actually a lot slower) but when my ammo is taken to the bench, I KNOW they are all the same.

On another note, there were several guys at the super shoot loading with CHargemasters including some big names who I thought would never touch one!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.