• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 4lbs RL22

sprink

Purchased this year from Powder Valley and stored properly. $200 for the lot FTF in the Portland, OR/ Vancouver, WA area.

Attachments

• 042FC0B6-0E72-47BC-AD45-B52F30F9CE7A.jpeg
    042FC0B6-0E72-47BC-AD45-B52F30F9CE7A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
Purchased this year from Powder Valley and stored properly. $200 for the lot FTF in the Portland, OR/ Vancouver, WA area.
Not knocking down where you live BUT!!!!
Why are you guys/gals always in the Portland/WA area with RE 22 or RE26 Powders. Just seems like y'all have the powders we can't get. thought for the past few years everyone in WA were Liberals and especially in Portland City with everyone sleeping in the streets.

Over 20 Years ago I thought that Portland and the States of Washington & Oregon wee GREAT!!!! I loved coming there. Did some business trips there and had a collapsible fishing rod with me. Caught 20" -24" trout almost every cast in the Clackamas River a few hundred yards from my hotel room.

I also climbed Mount Ranier in February (worst time) but preparing for Denali climb in May. People seemed GREAT!
Way is it so Liberal now. I heard that you can't buy ammo there or illegal if purchased from another State.

GLWS and GOD BLESS
Len & Jill

Powder here is still pretty hard to come by that's why this was ordered from Powder Valley. Haven't had any issues buying ammo in either state. There have been however a couple recently passed laws in WA (where I live) that have me really considering relocating.

Not knocking down where you live BUT!!!!
Why are you guys/gals always in the Portland/WA area with RE 22 or RE26 Powders. Just seems like y'all have the powders we can't get. thought for the past few years everyone in WA were Liberals and especially in Portland City with everyone sleeping in the streets.

Over 20 Years ago I thought that Portland and the States of Washington & Oregon wee GREAT!!!! I loved coming there. Did some business trips there and had a collapsible fishing rod with me. Caught 20" -24" trout almost every cast in the Clackamas River a few hundred yards from my hotel room.

I also climbed Mount Ranier in February (worst time) but preparing for Denali climb in May. People seemed GREAT!
Way is it so Liberal now. I heard that you can't buy ammo there or illegal if purchased from another State.

GLWS and GOD BLESS
Len & Jill
They are just copying the useless CA laws. A back ground check to buy ammo. A joke.

Not enforceable to buy out of State and bring it in. There is no "check point" looking for ammo.

But ya, wish ya'll were closer. RL 26 is still a unicorn around here.

Powder here is still pretty hard to come by that's why this was ordered from Powder Valley. Haven't had any issues buying ammo in either state. There have been however a couple recently passed laws in WA (where I live) that have me really considering relocating.
Feel for you brother. Washington & Oregon States are GOD'S Country I traveled through these States several times and actually climbed Ranier in February 2001. Some of the most beautiful streams/rivers for Trout fishing Woods & Mountains for hunting like nowhere else. Too bad that the Liberals took over. Hard to believe since those areas were "Tamed" by Mountain Men & Women and now the cities are run by crazy liberals and drug addicts.

They are just copying the useless CA laws. A back ground check to buy ammo. A joke.

Not enforceable to buy out of State and bring it in. There is no "check point" looking for ammo.

But ya, wish ya'll were closer. RL 26 is still a unicorn around here.
Everything is enforceable if its law. There are many ports of entry into say, California. They are not "check points" looking for ammo per say, but they do stop you and they will ask questions. Depending on how deep OR/WA want to take it, it will be the same. Simple "game checks" in the fall that disclose game taken from out of state is all that is need to incite inquiries. How and where ammunition was obtained? Do you have receipts? Why is there a price tag from Bobs sports in Montana on all this if you purchased it in Oregon? Should you not have your ducks in a row you just brought down enforceable penalties. Which I'm sure the west coast states will throw the book at. Not trying to argue just offering a different perspective that may help you stay within the law.

Everything is enforceable if its law. There are many ports of entry into say, California. They are not "check points" looking for ammo per say, but they do stop you and they will ask questions. Depending on how deep OR/WA want to take it, it will be the same. Simple "game checks" in the fall that disclose game taken from out of state is all that is need to incite inquiries. How and where ammunition was obtained? Do you have receipts? Why is there a price tag from Bobs sports in Montana on all this if you purchased it in Oregon? Should you not have your ducks in a row you just brought down enforceable penalties. Which I'm sure the west coast states will throw the book at. Not trying to argue just offering a different perspective that may help you stay within the law.
The Cabelas in Vegas and PHX are loaded with vehicles with CA plates. If ya that paranoid toss the receipt in the trash on the way out. All they look for at the border are fruit flies and illegal aliens. It's up to them to prove where you bought ammo, not you. I hunt both of those states and take a lot of ammo with me over and back. Same with my entire hunt group. LE doesn't care nor have resources to deal with these liberal dreams. Ammo comes in by UPS ground around here all the time.

It's like the stupid copper bullet thing. I've asked every game warden if they want to check my ammo. Same answer every time. No.

Is it illegal according to the dumb law? yes, enforceable? No. You'd have to be really stupid to admit you just bought ammo out of state.

If ya really that paranoid put it in ziplocks and toss the box, but if ya was that paranoid you wouldn't be buying ammo at Cabelas anywhos. That goes for high cap mags, it's up to the govt to figure out where and when you bought, not you.

As far as game. Whole different thing. Just know the more you say the worse off it can get. Also know the average game warden doesn't even know their own game laws well. Just keep your mouth shut and answer simple questions with a yes or no.

Anyway, this went way off into a rabbit hole.

Last edited:
The Cabelas in Vegas and PHX is loaded with vehicles with CA plates. If ya that paranoid toss the receipt in the trash on the way out. All they look for at the border is fruit flies and illegal aliens. It's up to them to prove where you bought ammo, not you. I hunt both of those states and take a lot of ammo with me over and back. Same with my entire hunt group. LE doesn't care nor have resources to deal with these liberal dreams.
This is not true. It is deff not recommended to break the law. They aren't looking for illegal aliens at the ports of entry on the OR or NV borders. Although the semantics you state have truth, LE does care if you're breaking the law.

This is not true. It is deff not recommended to break the law. They aren't looking for illegal aliens at the ports of entry on the OR or NV borders. Although the semantics you state have truth, LE does care if you're breaking the law.

Of course they do. They just don't really have ways of enforcing it unless the "perp" is really stupid. So you agree with a law for a back ground check for buying ammo? Please, we'd like your answer.

Example: I'm fishing on a local lake back when you had to wear your license on you. The fishing pier filled up and only two guys had a visible license out of about 20 people fishing. GW comes around with a boat, looks at me and gives a thumbs up. Goes past everyone else to look at other fisherman wearing a license, same thing.

He docks the boat. I walk over and ask why he isn't checking the other 20 with no license. He sighs, looks at me and says, "Why would I even bother". I'd have to call an interpreter. They'll give a fake name and address and even if I write a ticket they won't show.

It's a waste of their time, same as above.

Last edited:
Of course they do. They just don't really have ways of enforcing it unless the "perp" is really stupid. So you agree with a law for a back ground check for buying ammo? Please, we'd like your answer.
Uhhh I'm not really sure how my posts recommending that guys just keep their stuff in order recommends that I agree with the laws....they do have ways to enforce any law and they will. The burden is on you to make sure you don't fall victim of these lame laws is all I'm saying.
If a guy thinks he cannot get caught and prosecuted for breaking the law that's one thing, but i would never subject myself to these outlandish over-reaches.

Uhhh I'm not really sure how my posts recommending that guys just keep their stuff in order recommends that I agree with the laws....they do have ways to enforce any law and they will. The burden is on you to make sure you don't fall victim of these lame laws is all I'm saying.
If a guy thinks he cannot get caught and prosecuted for breaking the law that's one thing, but i would never subject myself to these outlandish over-reaches.
And I won't be a subject to politicians that come up with this baloney. You do you, and have a great day. They are trying to stifle our sport. I hope you see that.

And I won't be a subject to politicians that come up with this baloney. You do you, and have a great day. They are trying to stifle our sport. I hope you see that.
This is not an debate on politics. It's obvious we've lost the west coast but fighting it with recommending we break laws because "they can't be enforced" will only end you up as being a criminal. I don't like it but it is what it is. If you don't like the law of the land move to the land that vote in laws you agree with. If you don't you're only supporting it. I hope you see that.

This is not an debate on politics. It's obvious we've lost the west coast but fighting it with recommending we break laws because "they can't be enforced" will only end you up as being a criminal. I don't like it but it is what it is. If you don't like the law of the land move to the land that vote in laws you agree with. If you don't you're only supporting it. I hope you see that.
I don't recognize unconstitutional laws, which these are. They are already shelving most of them until SC sees it. I know the "law" and what I need to worry about, that's why I post about it. I don't buy ammo out of State or in State I reload, I'm stating I see thousand of others do it because LE doesn't have resource or will to enforce an unconstitutional law. Peace. I'm going to the range.