• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

460 Rowland

H82MISS

Clark Custom 460 Rowland conversion performed 5 years ago by Clark Custom Guns in Princeton, LA. I supplied original all-steel Colt .45 ACP government model for this conversion. Clark performed total accurization package, refitted slide, new trigger, lightened trigger pull, 5" match grade barrel, chambered in 460 Rowland with compensator, new hammer, sights, 24 lb heavy-duty springs. You can buy just the barrel today to refit to existing pistols, but I elected to have Clark Custom do a complete accuracy rebuild. Hogue grips, comes with leather shoulder holster made by D. Johnston out of Alaska. Also includes 330 rounds of new factory loaded ammo by Georgia Arms. This is a 230 grain, jacketed HP, at around 1300 feet/second muzzle velocity. Only 20 rounds shot through this pistol. $2,100 (handgun & ammo/shoulder harness) shipped to FFL in lower 48. Ammo will be shipped separately as required by law. Please PM with any questions. Thanks! - $2100.00 ..REDUCED $1695.00...... NOW $1595.00
......................................... $$$$$$$ NOW $$$$$$ 1,495.00 complete shipped to your FFL............ $1395.00 complete.................................... FINAL REDUCTION AND A DEAL @ ~~~~~ $1275.00 complete shipped to your FFL from private individual.

IMG_3348.jpg
IMG_3297.jpg
IMG_3298.jpg
IMG_3299.jpg
IMG_3301.jpg
IMG_3349.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have the test target Clark sent back with the pistol, but at 25 yds., this pistol held under 1.25" group, offhand when I shot the few rounds I did. My intentions were to install a quality red dot instead of using the open sights. I haven't had a place to hog hunt in past few years so its sat in gun safe. Selling to pick up a scope.

Last edited:
I also was shooting a couple 454's at the time I had this built. One of my 454's has a Eotech, and the other has a fixed 2X Leup. Helps at 50 to 75 yards. The open sights on the 460 pistol are dark and just not easy to pick up target, for me anyway. My eyes are a lot older than they used to be, unfortunately.

Guys that may be interested in this firearm (chambering). This thing is a serious performer. The ammo he has listed isn't even top velocity factory loads. Mine does over 100fps more (1400+) with the 230 JHP, over 1600fps with 185's and 1300+ with a 255 hard cast lead slug. That is what I would call mid level .44 Mag performance (as there are some heavy +p .44 loads) in a semi auto pistol that isn't crazy in size like the Desert Eagle.

How many mags and what capacity? Also, can you advise total weight of gun, loaded? Thanks,

Sorry I missed that info in thread. 2 mags, 8 rounds each. Standard 45 ACP mags will work with this set up no problem. Total weight, incl. loaded mag, right at 2 pounds, 15.8 ounces. Pistol w/mag, no ammo = 2#, 9.4 ounces. ( extended slide release also)
Thanks.

Last edited: