460 lb bow kill

scrmblr1982cj8

Brandon Braxton, an officer with the Clarendon Co. (SC) Sheriff's Office killed this hog with a bow shot to the spine a few years ago. Hog weighed 460 lbs and took 3 guys to get out of the woods.

Attachments

• IMG_0453.JPG
    IMG_0453.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 98
a photo? really? what is that, a rule or something?
hold on. let me see. i may have something around here...

djbig1_zps9b337917.jpg

djones, surprised you posted that with the rifle. Officer got his with a BOW! Personally expected you to photo slop it with the machete.....:rolleyes: or maybe even a K-bar or a tire iron.......:D

Packrat

From what I've seen and read, 450-475 pounds is about as big as a hog can get in the wild since it is difficilt for a wild hog to have access to enough food and protein to get that big. good job to the boys who got him, but I don't think a hog can get that big in the wild.

even tho mine was bigger, that's a big hog for sure. followed the story... turns out it belonged to a neighbor who wanted it back. i would have shot him in the ear. packratt would have boinked it while it was tied up.

Schtupping the livestock? Packrat... good thing you are protected in Idaho! ;)

Yeah I read the continuation too, still, I don't care who ya are, wrestling down a 790 pound hog and "hogtying" it is pretty impressive! Neighbor would have been a tad upset had it been shot in the ear, although, it was running free... feral as it were.

I am no daisy, but I wouldn't attempt it!

Schtupping the livestock? Packrat... good thing you are protected in Idaho! ;)

In reference to the above remark and djones "Boinking", guess we have a generational gap! I have no idea what either of you are talking about! As far as being protected in Idaho, from what am I protected?

The problem I see with some of these conversations is that I grew up in a somewhat civilized environment, whereas djones and company, and now, I guess seattleman, grew up out in the country under a toadstool, and don't talk the same language or if you will, slang.

In fact, am surprised that anyone would claim, on this thread, to be from Seattle, which recently had a celebration for being named the 2nd most Liberal City in the US and is rapidly claiming the title of "the land of Fruits and Nuts" from California. Oh well, guess there are aberrations in everything!

Not like these guys could sit down and talk intelligently on the taste of Blue, the color, for an hour or so, they seem to be more cognizant of the fact that cow pucky will develop a skin over the top in approximately 1 1/2 hours from the time of initial deposit. Nothing wrong with that, it just takes all kinds and the main difference is in the use of the words, which, even though they are numerous miles apart, they understand each other completely! In fact I surmise that they would both make great politicians, being so familiar with Bullsh*t.

I sometimes think djones tries to appear obtuse just for the fun of it! AND of course to sully my reputation by inference.

I have a Doctors appointment to remove stitches from my right eye, so will check back in a number of hours.

Packrat

Packrat.gif

pak, pak, pak,
what in the world r we going to do wif u?

1. what in the blazes r u even taking about??? i mean really! you cud b an english teacher ceptins u don't unnerstand plain english!

2. boinking refers to one of ur normal dates... where the da-tee is tied up, like one of yer pet goats

3. and as far as seattle, calif, arizona or idaho... it dont matter. texans consider all yall to be liberal yanks.

I will say for one, no offense intended, just light-hearted ribbing coming from a Texan... seattleman is a moniker from living up there for 20 years in the service... I am a native Texas through and through.

as for protected in Idaho, on another thread you mentioned packrats are protected in Idaho. I often forget not everyone has an eidetic memory.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.