450 Bushmaster reloading question

DartonJager

I am seriously considering buying a few rifles in 450 Bushmaster for my boys to use on public land hunts.
I have a HUGE number of assorted .451" 245 and 250 grain all copper Barnes muzzleloder specific bullets and was wondering if these will work to reload in a 450 Bushmaster. They performed superbly in my Smokeless savage 10ML-II but that was in Harvester sabots and at MV's from 2400-2800fps.
I have read .452" produce better accuracy than .451".

I have a HUGE number of assorted .451" 245 and 250 grain all copper Barnes muzzleloder specific bullets and was wondering if these will work to reload in a 450 Bushmaster.
If they are the 'smooth sided' bullets I would think there might be some pressure differences as compared to their regular rifle/handgun bullets that have the relief bands. Just a guess though..🤔

I am seriously considering buying a few rifles in 450 Bushmaster for my boys to use on public land hunts.
I have a HUGE number of assorted .451" 245 and 250 grain all copper Barnes muzzleloder specific bullets and was wondering if these will work to reload in a 450 Bushmaster. They performed superbly in my Smokeless savage 10ML-II but that was in Harvester sabots and at MV's from 2400-2800fps.
I have read .452" produce better accuracy than .451".
I reload all manner of bullets .452 dia is better for the average person for easy reloading, for tbe beginner. Loading all copper 185 gr .451 to jacketed 230 45 acp HPs I neck down with 454 carbide die for a better grip on the bullet and a good crimp with Lee factory crimp die. I prefer the 16 twist to handle cast 502 gr gas checked bullets. Great for subsonic. A 16" barrel is capable of over 3000 ft/lbs of energy in a small AR and all the power ya need fot plinking and moderate hunting ranges. I installed a screw on limb saver recoil pad factory fit Mag Pul stocks. Get the mags made for the 450 bushmaster. It's the most fun you can have with a AR and one of my favorites. Using pistol bullets like factory seconds it's fairly cheap to shoot. I drilled out the gas port a couple of thousanths and it feeds the heavy subs and high velocity loads.