44mag die question

Lee is full length die. But 44 special will also work. Same as 38- 357 dies. Otherwise I'm not understanding the question.
My rcbs die leaves a bulge at the base. The hole case swells to the same size when fired. But since the die doesn't size all the way to the rim. It leaves a bulge from rim to say 3/8 up the case. And yes before anyone ask die comes in full contact with shell holder.

I can add that the RCBS carbide full length resizer does the same. There is a slight swelling at the casehead but I have had no problems firing the reloaded rounds out of my Ruger Redhawk or either of my 44mag leverguns.

I can add that the RCBS carbide full length resizer does the same. There is a slight swelling at the casehead but I have had no problems firing the reloaded rounds out of my Ruger Redhawk or either of my 44mag leverguns.
Runs fine in my ruger carbine and all 3 pistol. Just don't look right

My rcbs die leaves a bulge at the base. The hole case swells to the same size when fired. But since the die doesn't size all the way to the rim. It leaves a bulge from rim to say 3/8 up the case. And yes before anyone ask die comes in full contact with shell holder.
My recommendation is to buy a Lee Factory Crimp Die. Not only does it give you a uniform crimp but it actually sizes the entirety of the case on the way down as well. Well worth the $15 investment. I used one for the first time and liked it so much, I spent almost $200 to get one for just about every caliber, especially straight wall that I load for.
I use it them every time on 9mm, 45 Auto, .38 and .357, .44 Special and .44 Mag, .444 Marlin, and the .45-70. I even went back and factory crimped most of my old loads. I find the factory crimp makes the rounds cycle better in lever guns.

It is worth noting that I now seat and then factory crimp in two separate steps. I no longer use the RCBS dies to crimp. They are backed out to where they only seat the bullet.

Here is the last batch of .44 Magnum I did a few months back. The Lee FCD makes handloads look factory when coupled with wet tumbling and a good press.
IDdrNCf.jpg