44 mag Lever action itch

Back to lever actions........what years were the JM's made? What kind of street prices do they command? Is there a more sought after cartridge in these jm's?

I've read about them before but never done much research....

I've got a couple lever actions, but I don't use them much- they have always felt heavy to me over bolt guns..

..I also have found that the poi tends to walk a little as the mag tube goes from full to empty (due to spring pressure in mag tube/barrel bands is what I've heard)--- If I load 1 in the chamber and 2 in the tube I get my best groups-- over 2 in the tube, my groups start to spread/walk.

I have a Winchester SRC 1894 top eject made in late 1971 great rifle near mint and very accurate. For tipping over Whitetail in deep draws and thickets it can't be beaten. I pretty much stay with the 240gr JSP for everything. "if" you can find one they are well worth the price of admission.

1894 Win .44 mag & S&W 6.5 inch .44 mag (2).jpg

Wow!! You must be Dave Campbell, the author of the August 7, 2021 American Rifle article. Think i'd skipD over that but, good read.Thanks ,for the almost word for word copy. Great work . Thanks for the republishing.
For future reference the use of quotation marks denotes a quote. The use of sarcasm just denotes an ******* in your case.

LOL I have one of the early production guns that was made when Dick Casull was part of the company. Now go and blow smoke up someone's else's rear Mr Google. Here are a few of my 454's. Been shooting them for many years...

The bottom picture has a 44 Redhawk with a Krieger SPC tube the other 2 are 454's.

Keep digging you are only getting deeper. :)
What a weird argument or rather lack thereof. I seriously don't get how bold you are about being an ******* when you didn't even understand any of what I wrote or are just really ignorant. I do note however that you have taken no effort to actually debate any fact whatsoever. Either because you know I'm correct or your just in this to be a dick (I suspect a bit of both). Either way it isn't really debatable that Dick Casull built the original 454 on a 45 and basically just updated it and lengthened it so guys like you wouldn't blow yourself up since you obviously don't understand the actual principles at all. Shiny guns though mister. If having and shooting a firearm made you right maybe you could find a point to latch onto. I'll stop peeing on your circle jerk and leave you to the heavy petting.

How accurate is your Roger 96? That might be an option. For information, I was able to place an order for a Henry big boy side gate today, with a ship to of the closest Bass Pro, I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

That's nice pair of 44s
Thanks, they've been great firearms and very reliable over the years... I also have a Ruger 77/44 in .44 Mag... actually a pair of Ruger 77's in .357 mag and .44 mag again great little poppers. The .44 Mag with a 6x42mm M8 scope has more reach than one might think and you can put a pretty beefy load in both of them.

Ruger rifles .357 Mag .44 Mag 003.JPG

Wow, those are very nice, I like Rugers too. I only have 3- 44 handguns at this time, but have supply to reload for most of my life+, that's why I want a compatible, easy handling rifle. I could do 357, but don't have nearly the amount of components. If I had unlimited funds and supplies I'd probably try to find one in 357 too. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Wow, those are very nice, I like Rugers too. I only have 3- 44 handguns at this time, but have supply to reload for most of my life+, that's why I want a compatible, easy handling rifle. I could do 357, but don't have nearly the amount of components. If I had unlimited funds and supplies I'd probably try to find one in 357 too. Thanks for sharing the pics.
Yeah, agree... I don't what to get off track here, but... here's a great pair of the .357 Mags... 1873 Colt SAA gen 3 .357 mag 4.3/4" and a matchup of one of Winchester's new 1873's SRC this one is a competition high-grade I also have one in an S&W model 19-3 with 4" inch barrel... just can't have enough .44 mag's or .357 Mag's
Winchester and Colt 1873 375 Mag 7.jpg
Smith & Wesson Model 19 four inch blue 19-3 (1968 to 1970) 001.jpg

Beautiful, we have similar tastes for sure, I just never had the resources. I went the TC Contender/ Encore route while we were raising the family. Now I'm trying to get a few of the wants, before I retire.
I understand believe me... good luck... Cheers.

Don't need one, but really have an itch for a 44 Mag Lever-action rifle. They seem pretty hard to come by lately. From what I've read so far, my preference list in order would be 1) Henry-side gate- steel or model X, 2) Marlin/ Ruger, 3) Older Winchester, 4) Rossi. Has anyone owned, shot, handled or otherwise had the opportunity to compare these? I already reload for the cartridge, looking to expand the usage to easily carried rifle. Thanks in advance. Best regards, Jim
Hey Jim, bringing this back up to find out if you decided on a 44 magnum lever action?
I've pulled my Marlin 1894 44 out from the back of the safe to do a little doe hunting this year.