416/300 Remington Ultra Mag

I remember reading about a 40 Hart some years back. How does this round differ?

If memory serves me, The 40 hart was based on the 404 Jeffery's (The same case that Remington based there RUM case on), but the rum has a longer case body and a standard magnum case head.

The Jeffery case has a case head diameter of .537 and the RUM is .534, and body dimensions are smaller than the RUM.

I Think ?

J E CUSTOM

If memory serves me, The 40 hart was based on the 404 Jeffery's (The same case that Remington based there RUM case on), but the rum has a longer case body and a standard magnum case head.

The Jeffery case has a case head diameter of .537 and the RUM is .534, and body dimensions are smaller than the RUM.

I Think ?

J E CUSTOM

The note I received with the .416 Hart load data was accompanied by a note by CEB that their 416 Hart was a .416-375 RUM. I don't have any information indicating otherwise.

I don't know, but sometimes the inspection folks get fussy. Sending the ammo ahead will work. Don't forget about a customs declaration for the port of entry and/or final destination. Contact the outfitter; they probably have done this before. If all else fails, just remember that graft is rampant in most southern African countries. I do not recommend on relying on a bribe, but if it is your only option......

I don't know, but sometimes the inspection folks get fussy. Sending the ammo ahead will work. Don't forget about a customs declaration for the port of entry and/or final destination. Contact the outfitter; they probably have done this before. If all else fails, just remember that graft is rampant in most southern African countries. I do not recommend on relying on a bribe, but if it is your only option......

Thanks, this is something I found normal in many parts of Asia, excepting Japan and Singapore.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.