.375 snipetac dies

Lungbuster

Need some help on getting some .375 snipetac dies. I had one built about 9 months ago. been trying to get ahold of dave viers with no luck. Can anyone tell me where I can get some made or if anyone has any available for purchase?

I had Whidden make a set of 375 Snipetac dies. They made a hydraulic forming die too so I can form brass without wear and tear on my barrel. They took about 6 weeks to get them made, but they make great stuff. I just sent them a drawing of the reamer, but you could send them fired cases too.

Viers is pretty much history, if he won't take care of some problems on his recent builds or respond to emails your better off going somewhere else.

Cheers

Since Whidden is making these dies, I'd highly recommend them. I have purchased custom dies for two other calibers from them and have been well pleased.
I also have a 375 SnipeTac and am using Viersco dies. Recently I tried to purchase additional neck bushings for them and had the same luck you did getting in touch with Dave. I contacted Whidden and talked with them about making me some bushings - which they did from a sample I provided. They were of excellent quality. Liked them so much I just ordered more of them this week to replace the Viersco bushings that I already had. The Whidden neck bushings were of much closer tolerance on the ID and were providing the expected amount of neck sizing.
Give Whidden a call and talk to Wiley. He can fix you up.

Jay

Excellent information Jay

I will be sending off my custom bushing from Dave as well to get another diameter size
I may have sounded a little cold but at a certain point you have to face the facts and move forward.

Viers was highly rated years ago, it's sad to see what setbacks and depression can do to a person. I waited 2 3/4 years to receive a 375VM2, that I paid to much up front and in April of 2016 finally recieved it. Sad to say the attitude shows in the product recieved versus ordered as well as the lack of communications with the problems.

Cheers

Got the hydraulic former and a set of dies from Whidden; can't imagine better made. Most important; they take care of their customers promptly and are most pleasant to deal with too.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.