.375 Raptor reloading dies????

Alibiiv

I am building a .375 Raptor and trying to find some dies for the cartridge. I have pretty much exhausted all the die companies, I will call Whidden tomorrow just to see if they would build a set for me. I got in on a sale price deal from X Caliber barrels, I was looking for a big bore cartridge, thus the .35 Raptor. I have a short action Ruger 77 action and figured I would put one together on this action. The gunsmith doing the build told me that he was going to have to rent a reamer to put this build together. I am thinking "maybe" have him purchase some die blanks and make a set of custom dies with the same reamer?? I am not a fan of Lee dies, but if all else fails I will try to find a set. C&H die company told me that they are going to do a run of the Raptor dies in the early spring, this may turn out to be my best bet. I would really like to have a few empty/dummy rounds to give to this gunsmith to make sure the rifle feeds well. I am just trying to get all of my components together before I start the build. Curious if anyone has a set of dies that they are interested in selling. Any recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated.

I called Whidden today, they will make a custom set of dies for $437. Whidden said their dies are CNC machined and requested some fired brass from my rifle or....they would make the dies using the blueprint they have on file. A bit pricey, but.....that is where I will be buying my next set of dies.

Last edited:
Alibi, I got mine from CH4D.

I picked up the case neck expansion die, because I wanted to do it in two steps. Plus a die for my Dillon case trimmer. They were fairly fast too. However, the loading dies have not shipped yet. They are custom and it's all a matter of production. I'm looking forward to getting the email soon they need their money. Their quote was 18 months. I ordered in April and they're saying this winter so, as I said, I am expecting an email soon. The price isn't that bad at $119, if you can stand the wait. Like I said I got it all from them. Just waiting on the dies.

I am building a .375 Raptor and trying to find some dies for the cartridge. I have pretty much exhausted all the die companies, I will call Whidden tomorrow just to see if they would build a set for me. I got in on a sale price deal from X Caliber barrels, I was looking for a big bore cartridge, thus the .35 Raptor. I have a short action Ruger 77 action and figured I would put one together on this action. The gunsmith doing the build told me that he was going to have to rent a reamer to put this build together. I am thinking "maybe" have him purchase some die blanks and make a set of custom dies with the same reamer?? I am not a fan of Lee dies, but if all else fails I will try to find a set. C&H die company told me that they are going to do a run of the Raptor dies in the early spring, this may turn out to be my best bet. I would really like to have a few empty/dummy rounds to give to this gunsmith to make sure the rifle feeds well. I am just trying to get all of my components together before I start the build. Curious if anyone has a set of dies that they are interested in selling. Any recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated.

I called Whidden today, they will make a custom set of dies for $437. Whidden said their dies are CNC machined and requested some fired brass from my rifle or....they would make the dies using the blueprint they have on file. A bit pricey, but.....that is where I will be buying my next set of dies.
I would like to add that as of this date I picked up a set of C&H dies. Thank you all for any input.

Just curious... I am already committed to CH4D but what was your cost and delivery?

I did not purchase the dies from C&H, I got them used here on the forum. What I can tell you is that when I called them a couple of months ago I was told that they (C&H) that they were going to make a run in the early spring. Then I read on another forum or this one (?) that it is a good idea to contact CH just to make sure that they did not make a run or that there may be a set on their shelves. Also I am not certain that the seating die that comes with the set is also a crimp die. Based upon C&Hs catalog they also sell an additional die that is a crimp die. Without a crimp die and if being used in an AR platform this could be an issue. I did find a You Tube video where a guy is using a .375 Winchester Big Bore cartridge from Lee Professional Crimp die and putting to large, flat washers as spacers to seat the collet in the crimp die to get the crimp. I also read on the Raptor site on FB that Lee did make a run on them and they were available through Lee dies. Hope this helps you out. This is a good cartridge that packs a punch for a short actioned rifle, there is a lot of information out there, but you just have to go looking. I did get some load data from Maker bullets. Paul at the place went far beyond a retailer and actually gave me some load data and also gave me some direction on where to look for data.

Last edited:
Lee has dies in stock, selling as closeouts.

Sws also has Lee dies in stock
"Good afternoon! Just wanted to let you know that we have 375 Raptor Dies back in stock! (3 Die Set $120. Sizing Die, Seating Die, & Crimp Die.)
If you're still interested in buying a set let us know and send us your full contact info/ address. Shipping is $20 - $30 depending on location + the set."

Lee has dies in stock, selling as closeouts.

Sws also has Lee dies in stock
"Good afternoon! Just wanted to let you know that we have 375 Raptor Dies back in stock! (3 Die Set $120. Sizing Die, Seating Die, & Crimp Die.)
If you're still interested in buying a set let us know and send us your full contact info/ address. Shipping is $20 - $30 depending on location + the set."
Thank you for our reply. I recently purchased a used set of dies from this forum. I will pass this information along to others who follow the .375 Raptor forums.