375 H&H reloading

george

Have a new BRNO 375 and am getting ready to reload some ammunition, I purchased sone 270 gr barnes triple shock, has anyone loaded this bullet. In the past I owned a 375 SAKO and loaded 270 Hormady and loaded 77 gr 760 and it thought it was a target rifle. I want to find a good load for the barnes becaued of the penetrations, any help appreciated.

What are you going to shoot that you need more penetration? 760WW has proven to be a vary good powder in my own 375H&H's. I have gone to 4350 because it seems to work well in all the .375H&H's I've loaded for. The loading of 76 grains of 4350 with all the different bullet makes in 270 grains has worked for me. It has never shown to be a high pressure load in any 375H&H I've shot it in. As all ways consult a published manual. I believe Barnes web-site has information on line for using this bullet. Good luck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

In my Sako .375, and yes it is as acurate as yours was! I really like IMR 4064 as a first choice, but Win 760 for high energy loads is also a great performer. Good hunting!

Been reloading for a Ruger #1 in 375

Shoots like your "target" rifle w/760 behind 270 and 300 grain bullets.

Am learning that variations in case volume may have have an effect. Wasn't expecting this with such large case.

Best bullet performance (in my sand tests) has been 300 grain winchester silver tips. Sierras kind of broke up. However, if the silver tips performed with any penetration at all they would be an awsome power.

I have had my best luck loading the 375 H&H with federal 215 primer and W-760 With either the 270grain or the 300 grain better velocity than 4350 and great accuracy in my rifle

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.