375 SMK in hand today

[ QUOTE ]
I expect my 375 AX to match the 378 Wby.

The 375 AM will give the same performance boost as say a 338 AM does over a 338-378 Wby, at least a solid 300 fps velocity advantage with heavy bullet weights so whatever the 378 Wby will get you, add at least 300 fps and there you have it.

Can not say for sure until bullets get in the air.

Kirby Allen(50)

[/ QUOTE ]

pm'ed you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for that info Kirby.I've heard that real BC testing is pretty involved.The fact that these bullets are only 50 grains heavier than the 300's,and in a significantly larger diameter,unless Sierra did something special to the design of these things,I'd be very surprised to learn that the BC's are as good as the 300 grainers,let alone higher .When I first talked to Barney Lawton about these bullets,he said he had them on order,and was taking deposits.At the time,I asked him if he had any estimates on cost ,and his exact words to me were "A little more than the 300gr 338's",so I'm still hopeing they will be under $300.00/box of 500.Of course as you mentioned the current price of copper and lead,anything can happen.Hell,if gas goes up any more,there may be another significant rate hike with all the shippers.That alone can ad significant charges for those 40 pound packages getting delivered by the brown trucks!

Over at Snipers hide in the "Beyond 1000 yards" forum,A shooter has just started testing the 375CT with the Sierra 350's.At 100yds,he says he's getting .5-.75 MOA with the bullets loaded to 3000 fps.It's encouraging to hear the round is capable of sub MOA thus far.I'm still anxious to see what these bullets do out past 2000yds.

I have heard these bullets shoot extremely well at the velocity ranges you reported in your last post, even out to +2000 yards in fact.

I am however a bit worried about them loaded to much higher velocity then this. My 338 AM will drive a 350 gr ULD RBBT to 3200 fps with top end loads in barrels in the 35" length.

The 375 AM will easily push 3300 fps with this same 350 gr bullet weight I am sure with the dramatically smaller baring surface. We will have to see if they will handle the increased velocity potential.

To be honest, 3000 fps even in the standard 375 CT is a puff load and I am wondering how powder fouling will be at these low pressures????

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.