375 Allen Mag load data ready, with pics...

I hear you Agustus.

There was a lot good info on the .375

This is a good place, full of people with great knowledge and interesting views.

Be well Agustus

And like alway, be safe

GG,

In my opinion, its a much better chambering then the 338 wildcats based on the 408 CT case. The reason for that is mainly in barrel life and a greatly widened selection of very good powders that can be used very effectively.

As you already correctly mentioned, the limitation was bullets. If there had been a quality long range bullet or a couple of them, the 375 cal would have certainly been the best choice. That is not to say the 338 is not a good round, its by far the most potent long range chambering that can be chambered in a conventional sized rifle.

Right now, bullets are starting to come on line and by spring, hopefully there will be at least three lead core bullet designs for 375 shooters including the 350 gr SMK and some heavier weight custom bullets.

Now if the dang wind would stop, I would be able to get out and test at some serious range and see what the 350 gr SMK will actually do at long range, it has been a proven accurate bullet but not at these velocity levels so we will have to see.

There is also more to come in my 410 Allen Magnum which will be around this spring as well. I have been talking to another bullet maker that is currently making a lead core bullet for the 408 CT in the 400 to 420 gr range. Again, BC is not extreme but its good and will be much more user friendly then any solid, not to mention legal to hunt with in all western states. This has been what I have been waiting for for my 410 Allen Magnum and now its a go.

Basically, its the same as the 375 AM, shoulder moved forward slightly and fireformed to the AM shoulder and body configuration.

Formed brass will be available for the 410 AM just as it is available now for the 338 and 375 Allen Magnum so no fireforming headaches will be there.

Kirby Allen(50)
Awesome

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.