375 Allen Mag vs 375 DCM

30mm Vulcan Cannon

The 375 DCM seems like the one 375 that I can find that can go toe to toe with the 375 AM. I cannot find the ballistics anywhere on the internet and there is not much out there reviewing the performance of the 375 DCM. We already know though the 375 AM is an incredible long range round.

Which one of these two is flatter shooting? Which one delivers more power at further distance? Which performs better beyond 2000 yards?

And how do the velocities compare?

I read on another thread that the 375 AM with the right amount of retumbo powder can reach 3410 FPS with 350s

Edit: I posted this here because ballistics is part of the title of this sub forum

From what I've read, if setup the same and running the same bullets they should run pretty darn close to each other. The main differences are the fact the Allen Mag is running constant twist with jacketed bullets, whereas the DCM runs gain twist and solids predominantly. The velocity difference between the two could likely be summed up in the difference from one barrel to another. If im wrong guys, feel free to set me straight... Definitely be interesting to see what Kirby and Greg have to say! :D Roy, what do you think?

From what I've read, if setup the same and running the same bullets they should run pretty darn close to each other. The main differences are the fact the Allen Mag is running constant twist with jacketed bullets, whereas the DCM runs gain twist and solids predominantly. The velocity difference between the two could likely be summed up in the difference from one barrel to another. If im wrong guys, feel free to set me straight... Definitely be interesting to see what Kirby and Greg have to say! :D Roy, what do you think?

Oh wow. I would love to hear what Kirby says about it as well, I have a tremendous amount of respect for him and his work. I brag about his cartridges all the time. Just a great smith and a fountain of knowledge.

Hopefully Roy is not answering because he is busy out testing our Hammer Bullets in his 375 AM.:D

I think the answer that they are pretty close to each other is correct.

Steve

Hopefully Roy is not answering because he is busy out testing our Hammer Bullets in his 375 AM.:D

Steve

Yeah, pretty awesome to see them doing so well for him after all the troubles he's had with that beast. Well done and can't wait to see more results:D

Yeah, pretty awesome to see them doing so well for him after all the troubles he's had with that beast. Well done and can't wait to see more results:D

You and me both. I sit on pins and needles waiting for Roy to publish his findings. Every now and then I can't take it anymore and have to call him to get an update.:D

Steve

Steve

Any word on which performs better at 2500-4000 yards?

I can't find ballistics anywhere for either cartridge. Trying to do a side by side comparison. Comparing case capacity, velocities with certain weight projectiles, and more.

Any word on which performs better at 2500-4000 yards?

I can't find ballistics anywhere for either cartridge. Trying to do a side by side comparison. Comparing case capacity, velocities with certain weight projectiles, and more.

You are talking about yardage that few if anyone will get to.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.