.358 Nosler Accu bond 225's

Yea with the 358 Hoosier 2500 is about all your going to get in that weight class bullet. I think I'd look at the 180's with the Hoosier.

It's not a Hoosier. He already chronographed it. He's just surprised at the flat trajectory and speed.

The 180's in 35 cal are worthless for hunting compared to the heavier pills.

I wonder about the speeds in the ballistic charts seem the the 200gr would be right in the middle. I got some 250 hornadys that I going to try as well. I not pushing much over 2500 fps though. Oh and really great info glad I found this place.

225-250gr is middle of the road for 35 cals. You can shoot light weight 357 handgun bullets all the way up to a 310gr Woodleigh.

I have shot the 125gr hollow point 357 pistol bullets for fun. Their diameter is actually 0.358", not 0.357". So short I had to seat them with a rawhide mallet. But man oh man did they come screaming out of that barrel :)

225-250gr is middle of the road for 35 cals. You can shoot light weight 357 handgun bullets all the way up to a 310gr Woodleigh.

I have shot the 125gr hollow point 357 pistol bullets for fun. Their diameter is actually 0.358", not 0.357". So short I had to seat them with a rawhide mallet. But man oh man did they come screaming out of that barrel :)
Awesome and I have some of those. Sure cheaper for the learning curve.

Cool stuff. Gets old when everyone wants to say how stupid it is. It is what it is and glad not everyone is running around with a rifle. Those distances are very impassive! What kind of drop you seeing out at 500 yards?

I haven't put any on paper at 500 but have a 12" plate at 800 that I don't have any problem keeping them on.

Awesome and I have some of those. Sure cheaper for the learning curve.

Yeah, the pistol bullets are fun for short range plinking, barrel break in, and fully fire forming cases.

If you load up a 125gr hollow point pistol bullet and launch it at a gallon milk jug of water set up 100 yards or less, the explosion is pretty impressive when it hits it at over 3500 fps :)

The 180's in 35 cal are worthless for hunting compared to the heavier pills.

Glad I got on the innerweb and read this. Guess I'll abandon my efforts with the 180TTSX out of my 358WSSM.

3/4MOA at 225yds at 2690........"worthless"

DSCN3741_zps657ba8e8.jpg

CR

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts