.357 magnum ammo available if you care to get ripped off at $1.67 a round!!

Alibiiv

Product 357 MAGNUM 158 GR FMJ 1515 FPS 250 RDS New Brass (210000000034) has back in stock

Len if I violated any rules with this thread, please accept this apology (I don't think that I did); not my intention. I never write anything negative about any company; however, find it a little difficult to keep getting ripped off by these retailers. I did send this company a scathing letter telling them that me/we, their customers, are tired of getting ripped off and gouged. At a $1.67 a round that is ridiculous to say the least. Well perhaps that "may" be true about the handgun ammunition and perhaps with the .223/5.56 ammo, however no one is answering the question about how is it that "everything" that has anything to do with reloading or shooting has at least doubled or tripled in price over the past year. "If" one can find any components the price has at least doubled to a $1 per bullet or a $1++ for brass, and powder well I've seen $45++ for a pound, primers are up to a $1 apiece as well, 9mm ammo going for as much as $130 a box. We the shooting public keep getting the story of over demand, COVID excuse for not having any ammunition. This story is just that, a story!! Perhaps instead of purchasing this overpriced ammunition, maybe it is about time that we let these companies know we are tired of getting ripped off!!

This is an update from when I posted this thread. And.........in all fairness to this manufacturer, this is a response that I received from the manufacturer:

"What are we paying for primers? Brass? Projectiles? Powder that is harder to price given our mill has no powder.

We have not received primers in months one suppler wanted $1957.00 for 5k primers lol

People like you bitch, call us names threaten to kill me but I have kept this company working since this nightmare began

30 years of hard work and I'm sure MAC will survive without pleasant people like you"

The following is another correspondence that I received from the manufacturer:

"We are indeed being ripped off by suppliers. We turn down product every day. If we accept their outrageous prices we could not afford to manufacture.

There will come a time where we will deal with these rip off suppliers. The truth be known there is simply no ammo in the USA and prices are rising.

Now Biden is attacking us it is going to be a terrible summer. Other manufacturers are not producing ammo and I feel this is their way of increasing the price of ammo! Bastards

We have not missed one day of production since March 2020"

When I originally posted this thread I did list the manufacturer's company, however feel that it was something that was unfair to his company after he responded back to me in an emails. This company is a small company trying to stay afloat and earn a living after 30 years of production. So this small company is getting ripped off as we are also. From the correspondence that I have received from this small ammunition manufacturer, he too is getting ripped off, and the price gouging goes well beyond his company, it is running up the chain where his suppliers are ripping him this company off. I don't know the real answer to this situation, however I feel like it is time that we as shooters start to let the ammunition manufacturers know we are getting ripped off. As I wrote in a previous response this is not about this particular company it is about the ammunition companies ripping us off. I am not buying the story about excessive "supply shortages" due to excessive sales of firearms; what happened to the inventory. Someone in this industry is controlling the availability and the prices of the products. Also.......one last thing, I didn't call him names or threaten him in any way or to take his birthday away, I think I struck a nerve with him and he was happy with me.

Last edited:
WOW! Glad I have enough components to load about 800 rounds for the wife"s .38 and .357. I won't be purchasing any loaded rounds for a long time.
This isn't just about this particular company, it's about the how we, the shooting public, are being treated by these large retailers. A shortage is developed, using a number of excuses, and then the price doubles, triples and in some case quadruples. All I'm saying that maybe it is time that we let these retailers know what we are tired of getting ripped off. We're being given all kinds of stories about all the guns that have been sold over the past nine months, well I was one of those people who purchased a number of gun; and, "I" didn't need any ammunition. What is the reason for the shortages in loading components, and by this I am talking about rifle brass and rifle bullets???? This is rediculous and I feel like if we keep drinking this Kool Aide it isn't going to get better. If we are getting ripped off, let the retailers know our feelings and thoughts about what they are doing. I am not talking about the little guys, I am talking about the big retailers, I don't have to list them here we all know who I am writing about.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.