340 Weatherby load info

bb204

Does anyone have any loads for a 340 Weatherby, for the Barnes 185 TTSX and the 200 Accubonds. Preferably with temp stable powders. All info is appreciated, Thanks in advance,
bb204

morning go to the online barnes reloading manual. the 210gr. TTSX is my choice

of bullets. I shoot everything with this bullet. very accurate. I have a wbee accumark.

this is a very accurate caliber and rifle. I am not a sponsor. this might disappear!!lightbulb:)gun)

204, had excellent groups with H1000, but with a heavier 225gr bullet. Good luck

I have found that the 210 Nosler partition when loaded with IMR7828 and a F215 primer will give complete side to side penetration on heavy elk at 300 yds. and beyond.

All the best,
Jim

Agree with Tbone. 210 Nosler Partition used to be my pet load for my .340
I loaded 84.0 of IMR 4350, and could get sub moa groups. Perfect Elk load. That was with original barrel and shot it for 25 years. Had it recently rebarreled by Rich Reilly at Hi Tech Customs, so now I use the Barnes 225 TTSX pushed by 87.0 R-19, which shoots best (half inch groups at 100 yards). Not exactly the info you requested, but thought I would offer it.

Also: Not sure if any of my powders are best for temp sensitivity.

Last edited:
I was at the Berger bullet website yesterday and this warning is still sticking in my mind because jamming bullets was being discussed.

Weatherby rifles are designed with a long freebore or throat and seating bullets longer than recomended can cause dangerous pressure increases.

This would be like firing military 5.56 ammunition in a shorter throated .223 rifle that can cause a 6,000 spike in chamber pressure.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.