338lm sticky brass WGY

blomqvistjs

loaded my first loads
ppu brass and 300 scenar bullets 215 primers
a little under the maximum length

my 3 loads started from a little under the max (vv manual 81.8 max n560)

load 1 - 81.5
really sticky brass needed to knock bolt open once
bad group

load 2 - 82.7
some sticky brass
good group

load 3 - 83.5
none sticky but pretty powerful recoil
group better than 1 but worse than 2
(i got abit tired so group was maby as good as 2 or better)

HOW CAN THE BOLT STICK WITH THE SMALER CHARGE?

btw this is a new savage 111lrh

Why did you increase the load after the first round instead of reducing it which would be the more normal response?

Read this carefully! Start with the manuals starting load and work up in small increments watching for signs of excessive pressure until you reach max listed load or you get signs of excessive pressure! Sticky cases and hard bolt lift are definitely signs of over pressure! I'd love to see what your case heads and primers look like!

I didnt back of because i had 3 diffrent loads.

But why does it not stick when ive used the most powerful load?

I wanted at hotter load cause all my friend are having better results with that on the other hand my friends use trg with slower twist

I didnt back of because i had 3 diffrent loads.

But why does it not stick when ive used the most powerful load?

I wanted at hotter load cause all my friend are having better results with that on the other hand my friends use trg with slower twist

Just because you have made 3 different loads, it does not mean you have to fire them all!!

Be happy if you and your rifle is still in the same number of pieces as when you started. And next time and FOREVER always start LOW and work your way up no matter how hot your friends shoot. It is okay to go beyond a max load as long as you work your way up there and stop as soon you get signs of too high pressure.

What the others have said is true. Start low, work up.

To answer your question, the only way I could think that it would be able to happen is that there was some sort of lube/moisture/cleaning solvent left over in your chamber. Maybe even a skim of rust. The more you shot, the more it worked its way out of there.

Other than that I don't have many other answers given what you've posted.

Nope. Does not explain it. I did shoot the 2 hotter load cause load 1 no sign off overpressure visible on primer. Load 2 no sign.
Load 3 small sign off over pressure around firingpin dent.

After these 3 loads fired i tried to fire on more of the first load and i got stuck case again. Now im going to load some less powder and try some more.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.