338 Wildcat bullets

Kman

Has anyone tried the .338 wildcat bullets? Specifically the 300gr and up ones. What kind of BC's do they have? I'm currently using 300gr SMK's and they work well but they can be a pain to get sometimes in Canada. Wildcat bullets are in Alberta. Would be easier to get them.

http://wildcatbullets.com/

Cheers

I think I was hearing a predicted BC of around .81ish for the 300, and better than .9 for the 350. Surely Kirby will see this topic pretty quick and respond since he has developed a BC from drop data for this bullet.

Have no experience w/the 300gr and up WCs. Just shooting a lil' pecker wood win mag thus 250 is about a heavy as I can go.

The 252gr RBBTs are the most consistently accurate bullets I've tried. SMKs are just a little over MOA, Sierra 250gr game kings are about 0.5 MOA and the 252 WCs a more solid 0.5 MOA. Haven't compared drop at distances yet but suspect BCs are somewhere between the SMK and Game King.

Hoping to shoot something with them this weekend and see what the terminal performance is like.

bottom line, the one's I've shot are shooters.

HTH at least a little.

Thanks for the info. I emailed the guy at wildcat bullets but still havn't gotten a reply. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.