.338 RCM

adk hunter

Good evening,

I am interested in hearing from anyone who has used the .338 RCM. On game performance, range and capabilities observed???
Elk to x yards, Moose/bear...

In my shop a full case measures exactly the same as a .338-06. I have heard great anecdotal stories for that cartridge so happy to listen to those as well.

Thanks in advance for sharing.

Today I picked up my rifle chambered in .338 RCM.

Smith was a pure joy to work with even while he faced some health issues. Let me know we were still on for timeline discussed and a week before he anticipated having it complete. Just great!

I used parts mostly sourced here. A SA Christensen Mag BF from JA outdoors, extra stock I had from another ridgeline I shortened a little and a proof sendero light 24'' from a member here.

I stayed the course and actually went longer than typical with this cartridge mostly because I had the barrel and with the short action overall length seemed to fit my wishes for balance and power. I will have the stock dipped and metal coated to all match up this winter when funds allow. Have some factory and hand loads ready to go will get some rounds down the barrel and post first impressions as I go...

Thanks to a few members who PM'ed me on their loads and experiences.