338 lm loads

I used retumbo 99.9 gr 30'' ABS barrel out of my 338 AX 300 GR sierra 3020 ft. shots .5 at 1,400 yds. I would like to try the 300 gr berger to see if i could get more damage at longer range. I shot my bull at 1155 yd and my 4x4 muley at 1065 yd. I would like to had
more damage to the body. I am thinking the berger would do more damage at lower vel. But i still have 700 Sierra Match king left. PS both died right there.

Anybody lives around east TN or headed thru here on your christmas drive I live right off I 75 and have table set up with targets all the way from 100 yds to 1000 yds holler at me I want to see some of these guns shoot. Got places we can shoot out to a mile just not off table.

My buddy hit me up on buying his 6.5 x 284 savage he has the biggest s 111 series sytron scope on it, redding dies, powder, bullets, and a cleaning jag. He has shot it 10 times and has cleaned the hound out of it each shot. Whats it worth?

No one can actually say without seeing it. If your friend needs a blessing and you can afford it, be a blessing.

88 gr of R 25 was a 8 inch group the 79.2 of R 22 looked like a shotgun pattern I went back to 81 gr of N 165 to see if the rings were loose or something but it was a little less than an inch 3 shots the others I shot 5 x all shot at 300 yds. I am going to try the others after deer season. How long would one have to wait after shot to consider to be cold bore if its in the 40s???

Wasp when the barrel feels cold to your hand is good enough. For my own enjoyment I take another firearm to shoot while its cooling for cold shot. Looks like you already found a load for your rifle. If it will repeatedly shoot 3 cold bore shots into the 1 inch category I would not change loads, wouldn't even waste the energy to think about changing. - Good shooting too! -

I have only shot this gun at 100, 300, and a 1000 yds and today I went by my clicks I got off the calculator from this website, no joke I hit in a 5 inch circle out to 600 yds and made it a liitle bigger at seven and a little bigger each time out to a 1000 and sure enough hit in the circle until I got to 1000 the clicks says 119 and it was 12 inches low I moved it 4 clicks up and nailed a inch thick piece of metal bout foot and a half by 2 foot.

Right around 90-92 grains of H1000 should hook you up.

Tank

91.5 gr H1000 for me with 300 gr Bergers. 91.0 gr with 300 SMK's. These are fairly hot in my rifle, but my best acuracy was at 92 gr (too hot). I had inconsistent results with RE25. Bergers cut 0.25" off of my groups over SMKs.

Its a 26 inch fluted shilen with a mcmillian stock stiller action and timney trigger. I thought I had it figured out but I only could make the deer dance a little this evening at 875 yds.

Its a 26 inch fluted shilen with a mcmillian stock stiller action and timney trigger. I thought I had it figured out but I only could make the deer dance a little this evening at 875 yds.

Whats the farthest you've shot? What kind of groups are you getting at your farthest? Whats the twist of your barrel. Hahah lots of questions sorry just trying to figure some stuff out.

I have a dump truck tail gate at a grand the best I have is about a 9 inch group thats 3 shots. Its a 9.3 twist.

What rifle do you have? Barrel length?

27 " Bartlein Barrel, 1:10 twist 5R, chambered by GA Precision, min spec chamber. Rifle is a Sako TRG-s. Velocity is 2825 fps.

I practice out to 1000 yards. Groups average between 4" and 12" at 1K and sub 0.60" at 100. Filled my general Elk tag at 878 yards this year.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.