338 LAI & Bergers "Need Advice"

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Shawn Carlock uses 1-10tw with his Edge builds and I think he sends as many 300 Bergers down range as anyone.

I've just finished range testing of the 300 bergers in a big 338 and didn't find any of the fliers at the longer ranges that you talk about if anything I found them more consistant than the SMKs over 1000 yards

Rocky Mountain,

I am glad Bergers are shooting great for you. The reason I started this thread was to find out what load configeration was working for the guys with the 338 Improved versions.

This is not a depate on whether Berger 300gn bullets shoot straight or not. The bullets are just fine. Me and my rifle need more range time....period.

Thanks for the input :D.

If this is true I think you would have to look deeper than twist. They shoot great out of my 1 in 10 6 land lilja in my 338 LM. I have 300 down range and have group tested them on paper to well past a mile, and everywhere in between.

When I say look deeper it would be barrel manufactures, inner tube dimentions , rifling design and number of lands.

Jeff
You may be right Broz,
I actually have the same 6 land Lilja as you, but it has quite a few rounds down the barrel. Maybe that is part of the problem? Interesting that I get best results with the Bergers at about 2950 fps.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.