.338 edge pacnor

That's it. Earl Fouraker and AJ Peacock both have or had them , if you asked they would tell you about them I'm sure. Shilen has a 338-300 reamer as well though they don't list it, that's where my barrel came from.

Last edited:
Sweet I will try to get some info from them. Were theres on savages? I guess I will just ask them.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Sweet I will try to get some info from them. Were theres on savages? I guess I will just ask them.
Thanks.

Yep, I built it on a short action (large shank) 300WSM Savage. It shoots great.

After I installed the barrel, I marked the top and bottom with a Sharpie and shipped the barrel to Shawn at Defensive Edge. He installed one of his 1" brakes on it and it is a dream to shoot!

Here is a posting about the rifle I made a while back.
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f53/savage-338-edge-wow-does-shoot-34039/

AJ

AJ Peacock and jeff what did you order CM or SS, match or SM, 3 groove or 5, how long and contor? If you do not mind me asking how much did it run? Thanks

AJ Peacock and jeff what did you order CM or SS, match or SM, 3 groove or 5, how long and contor? If you do not mind me asking how much did it run? Thanks

I don't remember the price (somewhere around $400 plus shipping I think). I ordered the SS super match, 28" long 10" twist with 5 grooves. It is what Pac-Nor calls a Savage Varmint contour, it has a muzzle diameter of .777".

I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

AJ

I ordered the same as aj did but mine is 30" and a 3 grove . i think it was like 430.00-450.00 they just called wanting a dummy round so it's getting close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ordered the same as aj did but mine is 30" and a 3 grove . i think it was like 430.00-450.00 they just called wanting a dummy round so it's getting close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I will go with the 3 grove also. What do they do with the dummy round? Are they instaling it for you?
I do appreciat all the info from everyone.

I don't remember the price (somewhere around $400 plus shipping I think). I ordered the SS super match, 28" long 10" twist with 5 grooves. It is what Pac-Nor calls a Savage Varmint contour, it has a muzzle diameter of .777".

I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

AJ

Make sure if you get a Pac-Nor to get the 5 Groove as AJPeacock suggests (dont let Chris talk you into the *** 3 groove).
UB

Make sure if you get a Pac-Nor to get the 5 Groove as AJPeacock suggests (dont let Chris talk you into the *** 3 groove).
UB

What is the Reason for the 5 groove? Is it because of the bigger bullets? The two best steel barrels I have shot are 3 groove. One is a lapua with 250gr and one is a .243 with anything from 85-105gr. Not arguing just curious. Does Chris work at pacnor?

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.