338 Edge

shooter72

Big shout out to Tim Smith from warren, PA "Smithcustomguns"

He built this for me in record time and everything was perfect as always. I am shocked by the quickness that it started to shoot!

Laminate benchrest stock (I prefer them for long range shooting)
Bat model M 20MOA base
Bix trigger
Brux 30" HV 9 twist barrel Pierce brake

I didn't have any 300 grainers on hand, but I did have a few hundred 250 bergers. I got some Widden dies and ADG brass (300RUM) they didn't have edge on hand.
I loaded them virgin and shot 1 shot to check pressure the next shot was close I made an adjustment and shot the 3 shot group pictured. those were the first 5 shots. I cleaned it up and look it out to test it long shot around at a few distances and then shot it for group. the big group is at 1250 yards and it's shot 13,14,15 out of the gun.
I am just gonna leave it like this for deer season no sense in wasting rounds to get all the brass fired to fine tune it until I shoot them all at ground hogs and or deer.

Attachments

• ERL.1.jpg
    ERL.1.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 195
  • ERL.jpg
    ERL.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 180
  • ERL2.jpg
    ERL2.jpg
    410.1 KB · Views: 188
  • edge1.jpg
    edge1.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 186
  • edge4.jpg
    edge4.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 191
Quite the deer Hammer you got there, I miss my .338 Edge that Kirby Allen built. Looks like a great place you have to shoot as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.