338 edge dies

bubba41

hi anybody have experience with d e 338 edge dies . is it really as easy as they say it is 300 rum case how does the expander work to you need anything or ?

Yup it's really that easy. You only use the expander button the first time. After that it's just like loading for any other cartridge. The expanding part is easy also. Just lube the neck and then run the case in far enough to expand the neck only.
Code:

When I run my brass thru a k&m expander mandrel, which only very slightly expands the necks, I lube the insides with imperial sizing wax.

I would definitely lube the inside of the necks on the brass I was necking up. I think DE uses a tapered button and I'm not sure if it's carbide or not but it would make no difference to me I would still lube the necks.

Yes mine are defensive edge dies and it is a tapered expander button. I spray the inside of the neck with hornady 1 shot

I am really not sure. You could check with shawn Carlock at defensive edge. 208-659-8973

I use a mandrell with a 338 expander from sinclair works well and takes the load off of the die. I always thought using the die for expanding is asking a lot from the die.
mike

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts