338 Edge base suggestions.

Buster95

Any suggestions for scope base for a Savage 116 long action flat back receiver in 338 Edge? How are the EGW bases? Aluminum bases strong enough?

I have a EGW 20moa on my savage 112 338 edge and my 110 6.5 creedmore.I've been real happy with them.Ken Ferrell is another really nice one.

I've not used EGW yet....but hear they are an excellent base...Wouldn't have a concern about them if I were you. All my Savages have Farrell one piece bases and rings. Farrell offers tight tolerances in their machine work and the finish is great. Can't recommend Farrell enough if that's the way you're leaning.

I wouldn't be concerned about aluminum being strong enough for your base. You might have special considerations for rings, however. You want to make sure your scope won't slide in the rings....from the recoil. Some have talked about a special ring tape....I've gone with Badger Ordnance Max 50's on my .338....They are wider and have six fasteners on each cap.

Either way.....you'll have a great base!

Wayne

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.